Lost Valley Trail Loop

Lost Valley Trail Loop is a 10.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Defiance, Missouri that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A combination of woodsy trails, old roads and a few streams to cross.

nice long moderate trail with variegated terrain, flora + fauna. very peaceful + modestly trafficked with a few hikers + bikers at this time of year.

The description is definitely wrong - this trail is no where near Cottleville, but is between the Weldon Spring Conservation Area and Defiance. This trail has a mix of hills, valleys, woodlands, fields, creeks, and the remnants of the lost town of Hamburg. Really beautiful in fall and winter.

This is mountain biking. Great trail. Great variety.

Nice hike, but GPS doesn't work and didn't record most of my trip.

had a great time riding the short loop, trail isn't located by Cottelville Missouri though might want to update that.

Many mountain bikes, just be prepared

The trail itself was okay. We didn't get to walk very far, one: because it was hot as hell and two: it's not dog friendly at all! After reading all the reviews and descriptions of the trail, my partner and I brought our beagle along with us. The trail is literally all gravel and medium size rocks, not exactly the best terrain for dogs to walk on. We had to turn around and walk back to the car because our dog was hurting and not able to walk very well on the trail. We ended up having to carry him the rest of the way back to the car. So if you're thinking about taking your dog, you might think twice. Other than that, the trail was shaded, had some hills, creeks, and even some wildlife. It was quiet and very peaceful considering we were the only ones there.

Nice scenery. Signs really messed us up. We ended up on a completely different trail.. thank God for Google maps. If you plan on doing this trail bring lots of water and make sure you plan out where to turn in advance!

It's definitely a good trail if you just want to be active but don't want to kill yourself hiking. The only bad thing is that more of the trail is vehicle paths than I would have liked, but overall it was a fun trail

Lots of mosquitos, other than that it was great

It is a decent 10 mile trail. Some pretty spots but after a while it got a bit boring for me. No interesting vistas or anything grand. A few bikers. It was secluded compared to the Lewis and Clark trail, so that's nice. However, the trail wasn't as fun to me as Lewis and Clark is.

So pretty and the perfect amount of challenging.

Peaceful and clean. Easy to walk along the path. Enjoyed very much. Definitely will return.

Nice trail for leisurely hike. Cool stream to walk by

Not readily marked

Trail was a bit confusing after mile marker 8. we must have lost the trail somehow since the last 2.5 miles we walked on a gravel trail that doubled as the Hamburg trail. Except for the last 2.5 miles everything else was great. Very well maintained trail. Great scenery especially from mile 3 to 7.

I enjoyed the trail, but I felt like I was lost. The signs didn't correspond to the map. More signs, please!

I like this trail because you get options and see some pretty sights. I'm excited for warmer weather and pretty vegetation. Also, although the listing says Chesterfield, it is actually between Weldon Springs and Defiance.

Sunday, February 19, 2017

The signage was terrible. Very confusing, not well marked. Sight was okay.

Wednesday, February 08, 2017

LONG and PERFECT SCENIC VIEWS/photo ops !