Lost Valley Trail

Lost Valley Trail is a 10.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Chesterfield, Missouri that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A combination of woodsy trails, old roads and a few streams to cross.

11 minutes ago

Not readily marked

Trail was a bit confusing after mile marker 8. we must have lost the trail somehow since the last 2.5 miles we walked on a gravel trail that doubled as the Hamburg trail. Except for the last 2.5 miles everything else was great. Very well maintained trail. Great scenery especially from mile 3 to 7.

I enjoyed the trail, but I felt like I was lost. The signs didn't correspond to the map. More signs, please!

I like this trail because you get options and see some pretty sights. I'm excited for warmer weather and pretty vegetation. Also, although the listing says Chesterfield, it is actually between Weldon Springs and Defiance.

The signage was terrible. Very confusing, not well marked. Sight was okay.

LONG and PERFECT SCENIC VIEWS/photo ops !

I hiked this trail last weekend, a very easy hike with little elevation, nothing to spectacular, its nice long trail. I hiked the Lewis and Clark trail the next day which was 8 miles and was way more impressed with the Lewis and Clark then the Lost Valley. Lost Valley and Lewis + Clark both have great history.

Decent Hike Nothing Spectacular. Great history in the area which makes it a little more exciting.

Hiked this trail yesterday with my wife and our two daughters. Enjoyed most of the trails until we got to mile 8. After you hike pass the 8 mile mark there is an option to go right or keep going straight, but no signs telling you which direction to go. They need more markings at this spot, also at mile 7 it shows go left to continue on the lost trail and right for a short loop, which doesn't show you anything on the map where it takes you. Other than these few hiccups... great hike!!