Lost Hill Trail

Lost Hill Trail is a 2.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Robertsville, Missouri that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This was a pretty nice hike - not a lot to see but since the woods are very thick I think I will visit in the fall when the leaves are colorful and I might like it better

I liked this trail quite a bit. No spectacular views, but enough hills to make it a hike rather than a walk. It was a bit muddy, so I'd recommend going when it's dry or frozen. My GPS clocked it at over 3 miles, and it took me a little over an hour with a dog that likes to stop and sniff!

Lovely, well marked trail that we hiked/trail ran with our dogs on leash in 45 minutes. Loved the rolling hills and healthy forest!

I would have to say I've hiked this more than any trail in the area, it's about ten minutes from my house. Is isint one for spectacular views, but there's a nice bit of hills for a good leg workout and I almost always see a few deer. If you start your going to the left it's a bit more intense than going right at the trailhead but both ways are fun. I like to walk across the street and add in the other trail for an even longer hike.

No real good views but this one is secluded not many people on the trail.

Thursday, December 01, 2016

This is my workout every morning with my faithful companion, Chester. Plenty of peaks and valleys to get your heart pumping - can easily be done in 45 minutes at a fairly steady pace. Lots of beautiful sites and wildlife scurrying around. The oxbow slough is my absolute favorite area of this trail - just beautiful. In the spring, the East side of the trail smells delightful thanks to a nice stand of Ohio Buckeyes. A well maintained trail - my husband and I volunteer our time to help maintain it. Tack on the Spice Bush Trail and you have a solid 5K hike/walk/run. This is Missouri, so fair warning, if you are running keep your eyes cast down for the rocky areas. :)

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Lost Hill Trail winds through the only uplands in the park. “Lost Hill” received its name from the upland hill that has been detached from other ridges or uplands by erosion. The woodlands along the trail contain a mix of plants adapted to the dry rocky soils as well as areas with more lush vegetation. Hiking the north side of the trail provides an excellent view of an old oxbow slough of Calvey Creek, and extend down into the bottomlands surrounded by pawpaw trees. The two trailheads provide a great connection between the campground and Spicebush Trail.

Sunday, August 13, 2017