Lone Elk County Park Loop

Lone Elk County Park Loop is a 3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Valley Park, Missouri that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

I-44 North Outer Road west of Highway 141 1 Lone Elk Park Rd Saint Louis, MO 63088

Trail head is a little tricky to find. Elk very close to the trail-seem pretty comfortable being that close to humans. Watch out for ticks-I brought one home with me.

The hike was beautiful with the wild life moving around us unphased the entire time. Be forewarned...the ticks are plentiful!

Great little loop with plenty of wildlife to see. Trail is not technical but there was some loose gravel. Trail is single track for most of the hike. The 3 mile loop took me about and hour.

This was a great hike for our little family. It was short enough that our oldest (5) had minimal complaints. The best part was the experience of seeing elk on the trail in various spots.

We saw deer and turkey on the hike!

Beautiful park and well-marked trail. Elk and deer aplenty. Nearer to roads and lawn mower noise than I'd hoped, but that wouldn't keep me from a return trip.

Really enjoyed this trail run and wouldn't have fared on it as well without the app (trailhead and a couple trail turns that aren't marked well)

Highlights - the windy and hilly trail that opens up to the lake, seeing 6 elk along the way, low traffic on the trail (only saw 3 people), 70 degrees in MO in February

Room for improvement - Trailhead was hard to find, it is located southwest of the parking spots for White Bison Trail. Trail path hard to navigate without the app highlighting the trail.

I'll be back!