Lone Elk County Park Loop

Lone Elk County Park Loop is a 3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Valley Park, Missouri that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

I-44 North Outer Road west of Highway 141 1 Lone Elk Park Rd Saint Louis, MO 63088

Beautiful park and well-marked trail. Elk and deer aplenty. Nearer to roads and lawn mower noise than I'd hoped, but that wouldn't keep me from a return trip.

Really enjoyed this trail run and wouldn't have fared on it as well without the app (trailhead and a couple trail turns that aren't marked well)

Highlights - the windy and hilly trail that opens up to the lake, seeing 6 elk along the way, low traffic on the trail (only saw 3 people), 70 degrees in MO in February

Room for improvement - Trailhead was hard to find, it is located southwest of the parking spots for White Bison Trail. Trail path hard to navigate without the app highlighting the trail.

I'll be back!

Beautiful trail and well maintained. We had elk and deer everywhere, some laying right on the trail.

awesomeness

Great trail! Lots of inclines so this trail is not for anyone with bad knees. Saw a lot of deer and a few elk. Very easy to navigate and not crowded at all. Started our hike about 8:15a and after several stops for some photo ops we were done about 10a.

Pretty boring trail. Even my 6 year old said it was very boring. Also, it is longer than 3 miles. That's at least a 4 mile hike.

Fabulous hike! We saw deer, elk, turkey and bison!!

Besides seeing a few, actually a lot, of elk, the hike was kind of boring. I'm sure families would dig it because anyone can hike it.