Little Blue Trail

Little Blue Trail is a 14.9 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Independence, Missouri that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

Nicely maintained trail in the city with many entry points. This is an easy trail for walking and biking without big hills or uneven surfaces.

Awesome trail! Several entry and exit points, one is near a McDonalds another is near Cold Stone for example. People we encounter who are walking, running and riding have been friendly.

This is a fun ride that is rated easy, which it is. The trail is well planned out and maintained. It also offers wildlife and beautiful scenery.

I've been running this trail for years and I really like the sections between 24hwy and 78hwy. That stretch is very wooded, great views of the little blue river, small bridges and even a path under the railroad. Any more South from 78 is very open and exposed and kinda boring. If you're running, expect to see a lot of cyclists which means they probably won't give you the time of day as to smile at you or nod their head. Once you get over that and simply enjoy the scenery, it's a great trail.

rode this trail today, we did the full trail in an out in about 4 hours !

burns a lot of calories just waking. good trail

Very nice trail completed roundtrip in about 5 hours.

Solid trail, well marked. I always try and get 2-3 legs in of this trail when I go to KC every few months.

Thursday, November 03, 2016

finished entire trail complete loop. trail is great for all styles of bikes.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

I finally completed the Lil blue trail.
when I started riding again, I guess I was a little snooty, i didn't want to get my bike all dirty, so I avoided the gravel trails in our area. what a mistake, I put a little wider tire on my hybrid road bike. This trail i would recommend this to anybody just starting or just getting back into riding. There are several reasons I would so highly recommend this trail to novice, nowhere else will you see so many riders without helmets, or just regular clothes, i didn't see one person that reminded me of a NASCAR, you know what I'm saying. I also am pretty sure that I saw a guy with overalls on drinking a beer while riding. I like down to earth people, oh yeah this trail is almost completely flat.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Great year-round trail for biking or walking. Mixed landscapes and easily accessible from many areas.

Thursday, September 08, 2016

Mostly flat with mixed gravel and pavement. Nice spot for when you need to clock a longer run. Trail has several people walking, running and biking and I generally feel safe.

Monday, August 29, 2016

beautiful place in the middle of the city you would never know it's there, but it's beautiful for a run or a bike and lots of really nice people out there