Little Blue Trail

Little Blue Trail is a 14.9 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Independence, Missouri that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

Nice trail, it gets used by quite a bit of people. There's no question of where the trail is. It is not a loop trail so you'll have to either park a vehicle at the start and at the finish, or you'll have too turn around and hike back.

This is my favorite off-road biking trail in Eastern Jackson Co. The new 1.5 mile or so addition of trail West of Lee’s Summit road makes this a great out and back cycling trail that will give a little more than 30 miles of riding for a day. You’ll see some wildlife along the way including deer, squirrels, bird varieties, and turkey once in a while. It winds through open prairie, wooded forests, shopping areas, and over and under bridges. It’s a must-do in Independence, MO!

Nicely maintained trail in the city with many entry points. This is an easy trail for walking and biking without big hills or uneven surfaces.

Awesome trail! Several entry and exit points, one is near a McDonalds another is near Cold Stone for example. People we encounter who are walking, running and riding have been friendly.

This is a fun ride that is rated easy, which it is. The trail is well planned out and maintained. It also offers wildlife and beautiful scenery.

I've been running this trail for years and I really like the sections between 24hwy and 78hwy. That stretch is very wooded, great views of the little blue river, small bridges and even a path under the railroad. Any more South from 78 is very open and exposed and kinda boring. If you're running, expect to see a lot of cyclists which means they probably won't give you the time of day as to smile at you or nod their head. Once you get over that and simply enjoy the scenery, it's a great trail.

rode this trail today, we did the full trail in an out in about 4 hours !

burns a lot of calories just waking. good trail

Very nice trail completed roundtrip in about 5 hours.

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Solid trail, well marked. I always try and get 2-3 legs in of this trail when I go to KC every few months.

Thursday, November 03, 2016

finished entire trail complete loop. trail is great for all styles of bikes.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

I finally completed the Lil blue trail.
when I started riding again, I guess I was a little snooty, i didn't want to get my bike all dirty, so I avoided the gravel trails in our area. what a mistake, I put a little wider tire on my hybrid road bike. This trail i would recommend this to anybody just starting or just getting back into riding. There are several reasons I would so highly recommend this trail to novice, nowhere else will you see so many riders without helmets, or just regular clothes, i didn't see one person that reminded me of a NASCAR, you know what I'm saying. I also am pretty sure that I saw a guy with overalls on drinking a beer while riding. I like down to earth people, oh yeah this trail is almost completely flat.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Great year-round trail for biking or walking. Mixed landscapes and easily accessible from many areas.

Thursday, September 08, 2016

Mostly flat with mixed gravel and pavement. Nice spot for when you need to clock a longer run. Trail has several people walking, running and biking and I generally feel safe.

Monday, August 29, 2016

beautiful place in the middle of the city you would never know it's there, but it's beautiful for a run or a bike and lots of really nice people out there

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Pea gravel mostly with occasional concrete sections. Great scenery. Good for learning to ride or for fast cardio. No technical run offs or options though.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Lots of fun! If you go at sunset the trail is beautiful, and since its 75% out in the open, it's a lot nicer with shade. I would definitely recommend, though.

Monday, June 27, 2016

I love the variety of this very long trail.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Nice easy trail. Wheelchair accessible for the most part.

Friday, May 27, 2016

Good for a long run

Monday, May 16, 2016

Great trail for kids and pets. The scenery is beautiful, especially within the large sections of trees and little rivers. Love it! I have only hiked 4 miles of it, but plan to get a bike soon to complete the full length in a bike ride.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

I really like this trail. Flat, but secluded and really pretty in the fall!

Sunday, February 21, 2016

The thing I loved about this trail is the amount of distance it spans. You can follow this trail for upwards of 10+ miles from the trailhead. While there isn't much change in elevation, nor is it very secluded like some would prefer (a good amount of the trail runs through a commercialized/industrious part of town), it is well maintained and great for everyone, young & old.

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Great distance trail to train on if you plan on distance hiking. Terrain is smooth with very few inclines. Trailhead is actually at the other end down Blue Hills, not what the app says. Also, app reads 14 miles but description says 12 miles. Plan on going 14 miles plus if you are doing the whole thing. Great feature of the trail is that every .2 miles is marked on poles the entire length to monitor your distance, which starts down Blue Hills not the trailhead listed on the app.

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Our family really enjoys this trail. Sometimes we all walk and sometimes we bring the kids' bikes. Some of the trail is covered with shade, but a lot of the trail is wide open with no cover. There are spots along the trail that have emergency buttons. I haven't see any places to get water on the 5 miles that I have walked. I also haven't seen any bathrooms. Overall I like this trail and will continue to go back.

Monday, July 20, 2015

Great family trail. Love to take the kids for a bike ride there. Nothing technical at all. Plenty of trailheads along the way for parking. Pretty scenic no matter which direction you ride.

Friday, June 26, 2015

Great place for a family ride. And if you want to tackle it without them for a little time trial, it's perfect for that too.

Monday, June 01, 2015

Enjoyed the well kept trail and easy access.

Monday, September 22, 2014

Well maintained trail. It goes from paved to gravel. I prefer not to ride it with my road tires due to the gravel but it's still a decent ride. Not challenging enough to be a mountain bike trail, in fact not really challenging at all. But if you have kids or just want a nice easy ride this is the place.

Sunday, July 06, 2014

We are a family with 12 and 8 yr old boys and we loved this trail! Beautiful scenery and bridges, easy terrain. Would recommend highly to families. Just make sure you use the potty before setting out. Restrooms were scarce.