Lewis and Clark Trail - Clark Trail

Lewis and Clark Trail - Clark Trail is a 4.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Toonerville, Missouri that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail with lots of variety and some good views. Actual distance is 5.3 miles.

This was my first stop after a 4 hour drive from Memphis. I did 3 hikes in 3 days and this may have been my least favorite of the 3. There were 2 moderately hikes of elevation but fairly short duration. I took in 2 overlooks of the Missouri River. The trail had a bit of traffic, but the weather was nice so people were out. While there are smooth trails in parts, it gets rocky for several steps and I would be hesitant to bring a dog in that area. I got slightly confused staying on the trail when crossing the dried up river bed as the marker on the rock pile has no mention of the Clark Trail only Lewis. However, if you head off to the left you will see a Clark marker about 50 feet or so. The area seemed nice and parking was not an issue but I wouldn't need to hike this trail again. It would have been nicer had the trail had a bar on it so I could have stopped to wet my whistle.