Lewis and Clark Trail and Clark Trail Loop is a 4.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Toonerville, Missouri that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A great hike with pretty views! It was pretty muddy though!

My favorite trail near me.

Nice view of the Missouri river with some good elevation change. Wide, even path and well-trafficked.

Nice trail. Marked well. Went on a Friday morning, saw several other hikers/runners. Beautiful view overlooking the Missouri River. Good workout. Enjoyed it a lot.

I did the CCW hike as most people recommend. I started out at 11 a.m. on a Friday and the parking lot was about three-quarters full from the morning hikers. By the time I completed my hike in the mid-afternoon, there were only six other cars in the lot.

The last time I hiked this trail was about 3 or 4 years ago. Since then some of the benches have been updated. In fact, it seems there were more benches than the last time I did this circuit. Often the benches were strategically-placed at the top of a ridge that you might have just ascended on the CCW circle. Great work MDC!

Mosquitoes and gnats were an issue but no more than any other hike I've done locally this summer. I didn't encounter any standing water. All of the creek beds were dry. I probably encountered about 20 different people on the trail. Most were hikers and about 4 trail runners.

My GPS tracking via Alltrails showed my hike to be 6.2 miles. I'm a slow walker so It took me about 2.25 hours walking time. But I made a lot of stops so my complete trail time was just over 3 hours. Love this trail and hope to do it again in the fall for the better Missouri River views.

Good moderate hike with well marked routes. You also can make it an 8.3 mi hike with a small extension of the trail.

Wonderful trail. My family of 7 loved it including my 4 year old. Good elevation change and lots of beautiful views.

Great little trail along the Missouri river. The Lewis trail is shorter than the Clark trail. You can do one or both but they can be easily done in a day. Good for children and pets but be warned, bring Bug Spray because the mosquitos get very thick in areas.

Good trail with a couple of places where you get a nice view of the river.

Easy trail. Only saw two people on a weekday morning. Very well marked. Easy parking.

First time here today and using this app! The trail was amazing! I finished a little over an hour and a half. Beautiful views a doe ran about 20 feet in front of me across the trail! Perfect spot to train with alot of ups and downs! Wear tons of bug spray!

This trail was a really nice hike! Definitely bring your bug spray but other than that we had a great time!

This is one of my favorite trail systems in the area that I can get to quickly from my house. You can kind of get it all here, for Missouri anyway. Right off the bat you quickly hit a nice, scenic Missouri River view, and as you continue along the bluff there are multiple spots for stopping at lookouts. I usually take a 20-30 lb. pack and use this area for training, you get some steady, steep inclines out here that will knock the wind out of you and get your heart rate up. This highlighted Clark loop is usually busier than the extended Lewis loop trail.

A couple of things to note, at certain times of year the mosquitos can be absolutely abysmal. I've been here when it's really just impossible to stop moving, and you can see a literal cloud of them chasing you, like little buzzing, blood-lusting zombies. Coming prepared with deet spray and a mosquito net, long pants and sleeves is a requirement.

This trail does have potential to get muddy at times, so be prepared for that as well after it rains.

great hike with some awesome views of the river as well and the cliffs. Clark trail is a little over 5 miles

Love the Lewis and Clark trails. Understand, there are two. The Lewis Trail is 5 miles and the Clark trail is 8 miles. I have been running the Lewis trail over winter and have run it both CW and CCW; and I tell you that CCW is much easier than CW. On the CCW direction, you basically have two long, steep climbs that will kick your butt. There are several long gradual descents between them. Running the CW direction you have those multiple long, descents, which are now climbs. CW is easily 60/40 uphill; if not 70/30. But don’t let it scare you, either direction is awesome and will give you a great workout; CW just a little more so.

off road driving

newfnjnvfnjfjvfnjefwjg

ffffff

Saturday, November 11, 2017

Trail markings could be better, but overall it was a nice easy hike.

Saturday, November 04, 2017

This is a pretty nice hike and relatively easy, minus a few steep spots. My only complaint is that it's one of the most poorly marked trails I've ever seen. Screen shot a map!

Sunday, September 03, 2017

Great trail with lots of variety and some good views. Actual distance is 5.3 miles.

Saturday, August 19, 2017

This was my first stop after a 4 hour drive from Memphis. I did 3 hikes in 3 days and this may have been my least favorite of the 3. There were 2 moderately hikes of elevation but fairly short duration. I took in 2 overlooks of the Missouri River. The trail had a bit of traffic, but the weather was nice so people were out. While there are smooth trails in parts, it gets rocky for several steps and I would be hesitant to bring a dog in that area. I got slightly confused staying on the trail when crossing the dried up river bed as the marker on the rock pile has no mention of the Clark Trail only Lewis. However, if you head off to the left you will see a Clark marker about 50 feet or so. The area seemed nice and parking was not an issue but I wouldn't need to hike this trail again. It would have been nicer had the trail had a bar on it so I could have stopped to wet my whistle.

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Great trail with awesome views.

Sunday, July 02, 2017

Thankfully I knew Clark was a little tricky to find from these reviews. We passed a few small dry creeks and came upon a larger creek bed with mostly white/tan rock. Coming out of the creek I saw a "Lewis 3" sign and knew wed had gone the wrong way. We immediately turned around, headed back to the creek bed.. followed it easily to the sign clearly showing where Lewis and Clark part. Easily got on Clark and finished in 3 hours with a few rest stops! Agree with other reviews... head left out of the larger creek for Clark. Head right for Lewis.

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

I will add to the mosquito issue, don't go without bug spray! Otherwise a nice hike. will take the extended hike next time. Hopefully will have longer views of the river.

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Tons of bugs but 100% shade and great views of the river.

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Tons of bugs but 100% shade and great views of the river.

Thursday, June 08, 2017

The scenery is just amazing. Definitely bring water and a camera. Many parts of the trail are pretty muddy, however, so be sure to dress appropriately (or bring extra towels for the dogs). Several amazing spots to stop and enjoy the scenery! Easily my favorite trail to hike with the dogs. If you bring dogs, just be aware that the past few times we've visited there has been NO trash can to dispose of poop bags, either in the parking lot or along any part of the path!! VERY VERY BUSY ON WEEKENDS, parking may be difficult!! If you're planning on going on the weekend, be sure to come early!

Thursday, June 01, 2017

Bring bug spray. Mosquitoes follow you in literal hordes.

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Saw a nice copperhead in the meadow! Be vigilant

Wednesday, May 17, 2017