Lakeside Trail

Lakeside Trail is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Troy, Missouri that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Following the enire shoreline of Lincoln Lake, is frequently used by fishermen. During the summer, a good display of wildflowers can be found between the trail and the edge of the lake. Hikers may enter the trail at either the boat launch ramp or swimming beach.

Nice trail, very flat with cool views. A lot of beaver activity which is cool to see!

Nice views as the trail stays alongside the lake.

First time at this park and on this trail. I was there on a mild winter day, but the trail was so muddy that it was more strenuous than marked. It felt much longer than the 3.5 miles, but I did it in less than 2 hours.
There are very few blazes on this trail, but honestly, you can't get lost b/c you are following the exact perimeter of the lake. You see the water the entire time. I hiked it counter-clockwise, and as I entered the wooded trail after crossing the grassy levee, there was a large fallen tree exactly on the start of the trail, and that tree connected to a beaver dam. With the mud, it was difficult to even see the start of the trail and to access it. I hope they can clear that obstacle soon...I think it would be difficult for very young children or less-mobile hikers to do this trail.

We saw 3 beaver dens and lots of beaver activity.

This trail was not too difficult as I am a novice hiker. However, was a bit overgrown. I enjoyed this trail.

Very pretty trail- some stumps growing up out of the main trail, hard to see.

enjoyable hike with nice swim beach & kayak rental.

Friday, April 28, 2017

Nice trail!

Thursday, April 20, 2017

I cross the street from my house and am at this trail. I walk it almost every day! Super gorgeous during the spring time (is all yr but spring is my fave). Definitely recommend.

Sunday, April 09, 2017

love it

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Very nice hike right next to the lake - saw lots of evidence of beavers but no actual beavers! Lake was a little murky especially near the beach area but overall a beautiful hike!

Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Nice fairly easy hike. We added the School House trail to it which made a longer hike. Never did see the school house foundation though. Would recommend.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Pretty with lots of snakes.

Saturday, April 09, 2016

Pretty scenery and we saw lots of birds. The lake is beautiful. No litter anywhere. Easy loop trail with some incline! Hopped over lots of fallen trees on the trail today. I love this place! I think next time I'm going to try a little more strenuous hike but this one is perfect for dogs & families going at a relaxed pace.

Friday, March 04, 2016

Frenchmans bluff has a great view, hiked about 6 miles today

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Trail was mostly overgrown and there were an amazing amount of insects. Paths do not seem to be well trodden.

Wednesday, December 02, 2015

Not a fan of this area at all. The campsites are small and scrunched together very tightly. The hiking is slightly boring in the area with not much to see except trees.

Saturday, November 07, 2015

It wasn't easy finding the start of Cuivre River Trail (South Loop) but I did at the end of Park Rd. The first .25 mile was boring but once you go done into the valley, it turns for the better. The trail follows the creek bed and there are some great areas to appreciate, even with the leaves fallen. I saw quite a few deer, too, and they let you get close before bouncing off into the woods. I went for photography purposes and will post pics later.

Wednesday, October 07, 2015

We completed the Blackhawk trail for a total of 5.75 miles. Very beautiful!

Sunday, March 08, 2015

Many shallow water crossings as the trail passes through coves / offshoots of the lovely lake. This was a particularly nice fall hike. Our dog loved the trail, but had to be carried over the dam section as it has screening laid over it to filter out big debris.

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Park has done interesting history, built by the CCC in the 30's so lots of stone pavilions, bridges, etc. They have an 18 point orienteering course there with some interesting finds, but beware the poison ivy it's everywhere. Lots of ticks too. Trails are just trails, most are equestrian as well. We go to get the dog exercise sometimes but just beware of poison ivy and ticks.

Monday, August 11, 2014

The woods are beautiful. The park has a lot to offer. I think that the bathrooms need to be cleaner and more staff is needed to work the park. We had a lot of fun and really enjoyed the outdoors here.

Monday, August 11, 2014

This was a great trail to hike. My husband and I enjoyed the trail. I would suggest hiking boots and a walking stick. I would not bring small children on this trail, for it has some tricky parts.

Sunday, June 22, 2014

There are several trails within the Cuivre River State Park, there isn't a "campground trail" though, as title suggests although there are several campgrounds in the park.

I hiked the North Cuivre River Trail Loop today. Trail is well marked both with blazes on trees and signs. It is muddy but very passable. The north loop is four miles and is primarily wooded with a few creek crossings.

Finding the trailhead is hard as there are no signs once inside the park. Do some research on the website and then load that into google maps.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

There are several trails here. On a sunday afternoon, it was pretty much just us. The ranger said the campgrounds were full Friday and Sat. We hiked the the prairie, mossy hill and blazing star trails. At SLTToday suggested, it was a great place for fall colors. The trails have a bit on up & down to them, so they are fun to hike on (vs the flat that is pretty prevalent out here, at least in my neck of the woods). There are several types of trees, a bit of prairie, and a lake there. We plan to go back to check out the other trails.