Klondike Park Trail

Klondike Park Trail is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Augusta, Missouri that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I took the Hogsback Trail with my 10 year old son in late October. Gorgeous foliage, didn’t see a soul on the trail. 1.6 mile hike.

I have hiked this trail every year for the past 5 years. We started with the current scouts and continue as a traditional hike. The park is well maintained and has camping including primitive and cabins.

Beautiful park - lots of trails to hike or bike - Also can camp here.

My favorite place in Missouri. The bluffs, the lake; it's beautiful.

Beautiful

Wednesday, December 07, 2016

Many Trails to explore on. A lot of the Areas I wanted to explore would of involved breaking the law. Lots of Mountain Bike trails also

Monday, November 14, 2016

I love love Kd (Klondike) park!!

Friday, October 07, 2016

Heavily wooded trail. No markings on the trail itself, but there are markers to indicate where the trails are. The last part of the trail was only accessible with bushwhacking.

Monday, September 19, 2016

It is a fun trail. Short and sweet!

Thursday, August 11, 2016

I went on the Hogsback trail today and while the terrain may seem rocky at first it becomes a lot easier for beginner hikers transitioning more towards dirt path. All in all I will be making a return visit.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Awesome!

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

One of my favorites. I have gone here multiple times and loved it. You can bring your dogs and it's not harsh if you are just beginning. But I would warn everyone to stay out of the marked areas. If your your safety and they don't want you climbing on the rocks. One of my friends got a $250 ticket for going on the restricted areas

Tuesday, March 01, 2016

One of the first trails that I did when I started hiking. Breathtaking in the fall.

Sunday, February 28, 2016

There are some muddy parts along hogsback trail but was a very scenic trail.

Monday, January 11, 2016

A fantastic place for beginner and intermediate bikers alike. The first half of the strip mine course is very technical with the second half being very fast with some great jumps and rock paths. I highly recommend biking here. The hogs back course (reached by taking the path to the outlook) is mostly switch backs with the ending being very up and down hill.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Map was hard to follow.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

So many great aspects to this park! My daughter, who is five, loved it as well and the trails are beginner level making it easier on her little legs. The walk around the lake is pleasant and a great way to see wildlife and snap some great photos. If you venture around the whole park a bit, you'll find more trails that are great for wild flowers and cliff views. We went on July 4, 2014 and it was hot, so make sure you pack your water as you'll be having so much fun you won't want to leave!

Monday, March 31, 2014

I 've done a minority of the trails and like how you can connect a bunch together to get in some mileage also most of the time it's quieter than say lost valley or Lewis and Clark

Sunday, March 02, 2014

One of our favorite parks. Great views never to busy.