Johnson's Shut-Ins State Park Trail

Johnson's Shut-Ins State Park Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lesterville, Missouri that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

rock climbing

A wheelchair-accessible .30-mile trail leads to an observation platform over the flowing waters of the shut-ins. The trail becomes more difficult, continuing up a stairway. Entering the East Fork Wild Area, Shut-Ins Trail follows natural tread through oak-hickory forest and small glade clearings, eventually returning to the main parking lot. This somewhat loop trail involves some short rocky climbs and a long series of stairs. You may also encounter some water crossings in wet weather. This trail is for day-use hiking only. No pets are allowed on Shut-Ins Trail.

Good scout trail.

Trail was fantastic and I had a great time. It was far more challenging than I would expect for an Easy rating though. It is easy through the observation platform and boardwalk. Once you hit the natural trail areas it is more difficult and is better classified as Moderate.

My husband is in a leg and arm cast, from an accident. The trail is paved, so it was glorious to get him out. We have 2 small boys and we enjoyed a picnic and a walk to the shut it's. I love it here!!

Great place to hike. A lot of the shut ins trail requires more technique. I would classify this as moderate to difficult and not easy.

good but busy

Did the trail yesterday, loved it.. great markings so we didn't get lost. Lots of people in the shutins but quiet on the trails, just how I like it..wouldn't classify it as easy.

Loved it! There were quite a few people in the main swimming area, so we went hiking first and ended up finding more secluded water for swimming. The water is clear and the hike was beautiful.

Was very nice! Some areas were overgrown a little. We started at the shut-in and walk down by the river. I did slip on a wet rock and ended up wet from waist down. My wife just laughed at me.

This place is the most amazing place I have ever been in Missouri. A must see.

Best short hike I've done. Great if you like elevations. Go counter clockwise. Fairly rocky so would recommend hiking shoes not Sandals. Shut-ins at the end to cool down. Not sure I would classify this as easy - especially in 90F ☀️

would not classify as "Easy" if you are hiking the entire trail.

Went in Nov 2015. It was my first time and had no idea what to expect. We were the only ones there and it was so breathtaking I teared up. It was one of the first times I really had the chance to see something so beautiful (being a city girl) and since then I vowed to get out into nature as much as I can and see new things. The winter silence of the water is so tranquil. Visited again during summer and it was packed and crowded so left a bit early. I love my hiking during the off times as you could say and this is one of the places that it is perfect for.

Did this trail a few times many years ago with family and with scouts. Great area for summer fun among the cascading rocks.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Nice easy trail with combination of river and bluff views. Well marked, hiked in the rain, no issues with mud.

Monday, February 06, 2017

amazing place, great scenery

Saturday, February 04, 2017

LOVE THIS PLACE !!!
If you haven't been start making plans.
One of the neatest places in the whole state.

Friday, October 14, 2016

Great little hike with plenty to see and enjoy!

Wednesday, September 14, 2016