Homestead Trail

Homestead Trail is a 3.5 mile loop trail located near Branson, Missouri that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Fun for young kids. Had to carry a cobweb stick much of the way. Wouldn't be a bad idea to let some other hikers "clear" the way for you. Nice creek to splash around in at the beginning/end.

My husband and I, along with our 9 year old son, hiked the 3.4 Homesteaders Trail in about 2 hours. We took our time and stopped to look at different trees, the wells and other various beauties of nature. Unfortunately the little creek was dried up. Trail was rocky, various hills and had a couple of clearings. Wildlife including: squirrels, wild turkey and deer (fawn also).

It was a well marked trail and very relaxing; however, it wasn’t a moderate difficulty it was closer to an easy.

Pretty scenery and the trail is easy to follow. Good parking.

Really enjoyed this trail! I recently got into hiking & it has became a new lifestyle that I’m loving.

Did this trail today and loved it. One of my favorites in the Branson area so far. Some ups and downs little water in the fall- being a native to Branson, I’m sure that in the spring , the water is plentiful. Being so close to tourism still heard some noise but there was a section of the 3.5 that all I heard was nature. True that it’s a moderate trail and has 14 numbered markers telling about the old homestead along the trail. Be sure to check the registry box at the trailhead for your Homestead guide. Wish there were camping on this trail!!

Nice trail and definitely can tell fall is on the way. I did Homestead trail and the Glad's trial joined together by Shane's shortcut and the stream side trail. This was 5.6 miles and a nice hike.

Trail was awesome! Definitely a moderate trail. Great views. Next time I run I'll go to right for a different perspective. And I will run it again!

Sunday, July 30, 2017