Hickory Grove Trail: Burr Oak Woods Conservation Area

Hickory Grove Trail: Burr Oak Woods Conservation Area is a 2.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Blue Springs, Missouri that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until January.

The Hickory Grove Trail is a 3.1 mile out & back trail with a gravel base that meanders through second growth timber and restored prairie plots. Jogging is allowed on the trail.

Amazing- worth the trip

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Fun little hike. Very pretty area.

Friday, October 21, 2016

Nice.

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Not bad for KC area. Would recommend the Bethany Falls Trail just around the corner in same area over this one.

Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Decent out and back trail.

Friday, March 11, 2016

Beautiful in the Fall!

Friday, March 11, 2016

Nice for a run. Kids love catching small frogs at the pond.

Saturday, October 03, 2015

Great easy trail for the wife to run while the boy and I explored. Great area for family and singles.

Monday, August 31, 2015

I was pleasantly surprised by this trail. There is a great variety of terrain, and lots of little side trails you can explore. I did this trail and Bethany Falls back to back, which was very manageable.

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Easy trail to follow...great scenery...all levels

Thursday, August 21, 2014

My husband and I decided to do this trail on a day we did not have the kids with us. We liked it a lot. Though it is not a loop it is a straight 1.5 miles and then you have to do it backwards 1.5 miles. It was well shaded on the 90 degree day we went. Take your water bottles!! All gravel no dogs and no bikes. We did this trail in about 55 minutes.

Monday, August 11, 2014

Easy trail with gravel - lots of trees! Trail starts at parking lot and ends at another parking lot but takes you back in the woods. Very quick easy trail with moderate slopes, etc. No bikes or dogs allowed. Plenty of wildlife to see here. I saw turkey hens and her chicks.

Saturday, August 09, 2014

Have ran this several times and love it although I think it is just a little over 2 miles out and back instead of 3. It is a very pretty trail and well maintained.

Monday, June 30, 2014

I stopped by this park today and hiked all the trails, I prefer the natural surface trails but the gravel came in useful today as it was pretty wet. Nice to hike in the summer when some trails get overgrown as this is maintained pretty well, it seems designed more for families.

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Love Sept day and I enjoyed the picture taking

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Enjoyable trail with very nice bridges. Great for jogging or walking.

Monday, September 24, 2012

I ran this trail and it was nice. It wasn't too difficult but a lot of fun with the hills and bridges. Also, a lot of wildlife and it would be nice to walk it also. Family friendly, and I would suggest this trail to anyone.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Enjoyed walking on this trail and others nearby.

Sunday, August 07, 2011

Very pretty trail, saw turkeys and lots of other wildlife, including a snake:) I ran this trail and it had nice hills and plenty of room. Pretty sure it's not 3.1 mikes, more like 2 (although it looked like they had altered the trail?). Other surrounding trails have no running signs posted, stating this is the only trail that allows running. Overall good trail.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Popular trail for joggers. Very ordinary, and for a hiker, diminished by the gravel base. However, it is located close to the metro area and can be combined with two other nicer hikes at athe conservation area to give you over 5 miles. I use it for training with my full pack when I get ready to do an extended backpacking trip.