Hickory Grove Trail: Burr Oak Woods Conservation Area

Hickory Grove Trail: Burr Oak Woods Conservation Area is a 2.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Blue Springs, Missouri that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until January.

The Hickory Grove Trail is a 3.1 mile out & back trail with a gravel base that meanders through second growth timber and restored prairie plots. Jogging is allowed on the trail.

Fun little hike. Very pretty area.

Nice.

Not bad for KC area. Would recommend the Bethany Falls Trail just around the corner in same area over this one.

Decent out and back trail.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Saturday, April 02, 2016

Friday, March 11, 2016

Beautiful in the Fall!

Friday, March 11, 2016

Nice for a run. Kids love catching small frogs at the pond.

Friday, December 25, 2015

Monday, October 05, 2015

Saturday, October 03, 2015

Great easy trail for the wife to run while the boy and I explored. Great area for family and singles.

Monday, August 31, 2015

I was pleasantly surprised by this trail. There is a great variety of terrain, and lots of little side trails you can explore. I did this trail and Bethany Falls back to back, which was very manageable.

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Easy trail to follow...great scenery...all levels

Thursday, August 21, 2014

My husband and I decided to do this trail on a day we did not have the kids with us. We liked it a lot. Though it is not a loop it is a straight 1.5 miles and then you have to do it backwards 1.5 miles. It was well shaded on the 90 degree day we went. Take your water bottles!! All gravel no dogs and no bikes. We did this trail in about 55 minutes.