Hickory Grove Trail: Burr Oak Woods Conservation Area

Hickory Grove Trail: Burr Oak Woods Conservation Area is a 2.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Blue Springs, Missouri that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until January.

The Hickory Grove Trail is a 3.1 mile out & back trail with a gravel base that meanders through second growth timber and restored prairie plots. Jogging is allowed on the trail.

Fun little hike. Very pretty area.

Nice.

Not bad for KC area. Would recommend the Bethany Falls Trail just around the corner in same area over this one.

Decent out and back trail.

Beautiful in the Fall!

Nice for a run. Kids love catching small frogs at the pond.

Great easy trail for the wife to run while the boy and I explored. Great area for family and singles.

I was pleasantly surprised by this trail. There is a great variety of terrain, and lots of little side trails you can explore. I did this trail and Bethany Falls back to back, which was very manageable.

Easy trail to follow...great scenery...all levels

My husband and I decided to do this trail on a day we did not have the kids with us. We liked it a lot. Though it is not a loop it is a straight 1.5 miles and then you have to do it backwards 1.5 miles. It was well shaded on the 90 degree day we went. Take your water bottles!! All gravel no dogs and no bikes. We did this trail in about 55 minutes.

Easy trail with gravel - lots of trees! Trail starts at parking lot and ends at another parking lot but takes you back in the woods. Very quick easy trail with moderate slopes, etc. No bikes or dogs allowed. Plenty of wildlife to see here. I saw turkey hens and her chicks.

Have ran this several times and love it although I think it is just a little over 2 miles out and back instead of 3. It is a very pretty trail and well maintained.

I stopped by this park today and hiked all the trails, I prefer the natural surface trails but the gravel came in useful today as it was pretty wet. Nice to hike in the summer when some trails get overgrown as this is maintained pretty well, it seems designed more for families.

Love Sept day and I enjoyed the picture taking