Hawn State Park Trail

Hawn State Park Trail is a 12.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ste Genevieve, Missouri that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, and backpacking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Hawn State Park Trails consist of four major trails that total 15 miles. There are connector trails that allow you to do all four or lessor portions. Several backpacking camps are located on the trails. The meander through a beautiful mixed hardwood and pine forest, crossing streams over ridges.

Nice hikes with some steep hills. Love doing the pickle creek loop and being able to cool off the in creek and sit on the bluffs.

Beautiful walk and need to get near the pickle springs trail.

Easy to follow, well marked trails that weave through a very diverse area made for a great weekend trip. The WCs that don't connect to campsite 1 (I forget their numbers definitively) may are may not be worth it, but Pickle Creek and both loops provide great visuals.

gorgeous! well marked. going back to hike again next weekend.

Amazing trail run difficult at times but was running on dead legs. Beautiful scenery!! Best trail run thus far this year will b back!

Beautiful creek runs along a trail. Great family swimming areas. Pet-friendly is a plus. Challenging hikes for the avid hiker and easy trails for families.

I need your help. I have been few times and ran there but this time I am
Going hiking and wondering which start point and which trail is closer to the river and those rocks?

Lovely trail. Great views, great variance in trail surfaces. Piney woods, rocky outcrops, open fields, creek crossings, this trail is a blast. Great for dogs too.

The weather turned beautiful this February weekend, so I decided to head to Hawn State Park. Everyone always has such positive reviews of these trails I had to check it out. I hiked the connector trail from White Oaks to the North and South loops on the Whispering Pines trail. There were trail runners and day hikers enjoying the trail as well. It was lovely this time of year with no foliage on the trees to obscure the views. Pines, being the exception, added color against the drab landscape. I did an overnight on the south loop. The coyotes serenaded me most of the night. It was quite startling at first being by myself. I soon decided they weren't interested in bothering me. They were only interested in communicating with each other. However continually getting startled awake with their yips and howls was rather annoying. Guess I have to forgive them. I was sleeping in their home. Earlier in the day I scared up a couple White Tail Deer but saw no other critters. I'm looking forward to another visit later on this Spring or Summer. Check these trails out for yourself. They won't disappoint.

Great trail!!! Trail was visibly marked with easy to read connector trail signs. Hiked the connector 3 to the north loop. A little over 5 miles. Will be back again.