Hawn State Park Trail

Hawn State Park Trail is a 12.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ste Genevieve, Missouri that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, and backpacking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Hawn State Park Trails consist of four major trails that total 15 miles. There are connector trails that allow you to do all four or lessor portions. Several backpacking camps are located on the trails. The meander through a beautiful mixed hardwood and pine forest, crossing streams over ridges.

Loved it. The camp host was on site and very helpful--he got us checked in without having to wait until the office officially opened, so we could hit the trails well before dark. The walk-in campsites, which is where we stayed, can't be reserved, but we were there mid-week and were able to choose from three open sites. While they're not very removed from one another (you can see and hear fellow campers), it was still a great experience. We picked a site right next to the creek and feel asleep to the sound of gurgling water and tree frogs.

The bathhouse is also quite nice with individual shower rooms and laundry facilities. Firewood and ice are available when the office is open (or the host is available), and, of course, the trails are epic. Beautiful scenery, well-maintained paths, and good, long trail loops for hours of hiking.

P.S. I agree with other reviewers: Keep your stuff secure from raccoons--those little buggers are quite clever and persistent!

Great trail and backpacking experience. Note that the raccoons are very very clever. Actually bit through my URsack - made for a very hungry last day. Also the Alltrails map isn't as accurate as the map you can get at the trailhead. Wife and I did the North and South loop as well as the pickle creek section - which is is rugged. Plenty of water, scenic views, and good times.

Gorgeous! Must see in MO!

Great campground. Solid hike with beautiful views.

Overgrown in the summer. Beautiful in colder weather. Well marked and some beautiful views.

This hidden gem was great!! My husband and I both agreed that late fall/early springtime would be better times to go, simply because you can really enjoy all of the rock formations.

What an amazing trail system, hiked all the trails on Thursday. Right now it is a little over grown in the areas close to water which lead to me ending up with a lot of ticks on me through the hike (58 on me and 17 attached). I did about nine miles of hiking with my wife in early spring and the vegetation wasn't crowding the trail as much. I would suggest if you are going to do a hike that includes the South Loop make sure to wear light weigh pants no matter the temperature this summer. All three of the backcountry campsites are great and they are free, the two on the South Loop are close to water, the one in the middle of the North Loop isn't. Easily worth multiple visits even if it means having a couple of ticks.