Learn more

Hawk Nest Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Knob Noster, Missouri that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.5 miles Elevation Gain: 104 feet Route Type: Loop

What a beaut. Saw a cute little racoon. I love knob noster st park

very good trail, easy & fun that you can walk over the stones in the water. Trail maintenance at knob noster is nice. not much overgrowth anywhere.

bridge out

Virtually no birds @ 4:30 pm. No other people during our short walk. Lots of traffic noise near 5 pm. This wasn't a planned stop, but a stop on our way home from Blue Springs.

bridge out

Muddy after the snow melt. Well marked.

bridge out

Dog-friendly trail with moderate skill. Some steep inclines. Meets up with an anointing trail. Has fire lines in the area.

bridge out

my personal favorite for knob noster state park trail.

Loved the different inclines of this one

bridge out

Great trail to hike. Large trees shade the trail.

Wed Jun 05 2019

Thu May 30 2019

pretty muddy...pretty scenery. given the rain recently not surprising!!! poison ivy in places

Thu May 16 2019

Thu May 16 2019

Another great one on Hawk Nest. I almost stepped in a snake but hey... I guess it comes with the territory

Sat May 04 2019

Nice trail, was a little muddy but thats what happens when it rains.

Thu Apr 25 2019

Sun Apr 07 2019

Wed Mar 27 2019

I wanted to take our new kid pack for a test run. It was a BEAUTIFUL day so I wanted to get my girl outside for a bit as well. I did this hike in about 45 minutes, possibly an hour with a 1 year old strapped to my back. I exited out of the recording before I even got started so I’m unsure of the true time it took

Sun Oct 28 2018

Have hiked this several times. Nice loop, well maintained, interesting and varied. Signage can be problematic and map is a little confusing, but worse case is you end up with an extra loop around the lake.

Sun Aug 19 2018

Good trail

Wed Jul 25 2018

I have done some pretty big mountain hiking being here in Colorado but I will give it to you Missouri, This hike nearly killed my daughter, my dog and I. This trail will forever be known as the “NOPE trail” BEAUTIFUL however everything is trying to kill you. Spiders all over the trail from beginning to end with their delicately placed webs just in the right spot to snare & eat you. We saw our lives flash before our eyes at LEAST 30 times trying to escape the spiders of doom, not to mention flying weirdness everywhere! This was straight up some Indiana Jones crap we got into. Do yourself a favor and do NOT do this hike unless you are outfitted with proper hazmat gear. I would definitely suggest a light & easy jaunt up one of our many 14ners here in Colorado before trying this hike that someone rated as “moderate” which is clearly NOT MODERATE & is one of the most dangerous hikes in the history of hiking & should be rated as an “eff that” in the hiking scale. We did not leave empty handed though! My beautiful pure bred Australian cattle dog pit bull mix came back to Colorado with a lovely infestation of creepy tics. Cheers to you Missouri & the lovely nature you provide ♥️

Thu Apr 05 2018

nice trail in a great park. it shares points with another trail so you can go the wrong way if you aren't careful.

Sun Apr 01 2018

Trail was not marked well. It took about 40 min & has a nice ending by a lake. I would suggest it, but it’s nothing great.

Fri Mar 23 2018

Would be really nice in warmer weather when it greens up. Trail is not clearly marked in some areas. Awesome ending.