Harpst and West Ridge Trails

Harpst and West Ridge Trails is a 4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Weston, Missouri that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

While short in length, this trail is a fairly strenuous hike in some portions. The trail offers a journey through a portion of the mature river hills woods that once were common along the Missouri River in northwest Missouri. The trail is a natural soil base. Tree roots and exposed rocks are common.

We followed the All Trails trail map. 2 out of the 4 miles was paved in asphalt. The other 2 are wooded area. Some parts might be moderate, but 3.5 miles should be rated as easy. There were several other people about, so I would say moderately traveled, not lightly. But the area is decent and so was the trail. May check out again.

Great hike, nice views. Excellent way to spend the afternoon

Great Hiking, had some hills that were little challenging. Views were great, trees kept the sun off us!

Great trails. Nice and wide. Some good hills for a little challenge. Well kept and very used trails. Marked well with maps along the way.

Sunday, November 06, 2016

It was a fun trail. I wish is a little longer also.

Monday, October 24, 2016

A great trail to hike or run. Spectacular views of the river below the bluff. Somewhat challenging but rewarding for those who enjoy to push themselves.

Tuesday, June 07, 2016

I really liked this trail. Nice views and a bit challenging, which I like. If you don't want the challenge stay on the paved bike trail.

Monday, May 30, 2016

Had some steep parts but short

Friday, April 08, 2016

Beautiful! There was definitely some unique natural things to see. I went with 3 kids under 10 and we had no trouble on the trail at all. The only thing I would say is the park closes at sunset so make sure you give yourself time to get back out of the park as the trail is several minutes from the front gate. We are definitely going back several times,we all loved it.

Monday, October 26, 2015

Really good singletrack... Until we realized that we went in the only entrance without a "no bikes" sign

Monday, November 11, 2013

Nice trail, much better to be combined with West Ridge to make a longer and prettier hike.