Green Rock Trail is a 13.9 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Eureka, Missouri that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 13.9 miles Elevation Gain: 1,791 feet Route Type: Point to Point

so much incredible nature!!! definitely recommend trail shoes and pants for this one, you’ll be rubbing up against plants all day! great hike to get away from the crowds—didn’t run into a single person on the trail. and there’s a great creek to cool of in afterwards near the parking lot where you start!

Wow. I’ve hiked 6 or so mountains in my life and regularly do 10 mile hikes, but am admittedly out of shape. This one damn near beat me. I was so exhausted by the end that I could hardly walk. If you want a workout, I cannot think of a better one. But if you hike for those rare and beautiful moments where you top a ridge and are treated with a stunning view, skip this one. 14 miles in the woods and what use see is the woods.

Complete trail from Rockwood Range TH to Rockwood Reservation TH.

Beautiful and good workout. Standard Missouri woods scenery but does offer hills to increase the workout. Only hiked 4 miles in and back from fox creek rd. First part was a bit muddy from run off but beautiful little creek runs through.

Started at south trail entrance. little muddy in the beginning but otherwise great!

Difficult but good day hike. Started at Glencoe Rd at 10:45am. Finished at Fox Creek at 5:15. My hubby and I are 38 and 40 and in good shape. We were shocked it took that long- which speaks to the terrain (we hiked 12 hilly miles 2 days earlier and it only took 3 hrs) took a 30min break for lunch. Lots of hills. Barely any mud at all on 3/31/20. Only came across 8 people the entire time. All Trails says it’s 13.2 miles. Signage says it’s 14.3 miles. This is not a 13 mile hike. We parked a car at the north and a car at the south. The last 1.5 miles hurt like hell on the hamstrings and toes (from all the hills) but there’s no stopping until you get there. Bring PLENTY of water and food- it’s a long day.

icy

The most difficult hike I've done in the St. Louis area - nothing but hill after hill, some so steep you're practically sliding down or climbing up on all fours. It's great if you're looking for an extreme workout, or maybe prepping for a mountain climb, but otherwise it's not interesting enough to reward the effort. The fact that it's not a loop just makes things worse. I did see a lot of deer though!

Love this trail!!!

This trail is beautiful filled with mossy rocks & down trees. I will be back to explore here again soon.

I'm 62. My wife 54. Green Rock Trail is tough. We carried 30 lb water and food backpacks and left at 8:18 AM from Rockwoods Range and got into Rockwoods Reservation (via Greensfelder County Park in between) at 6:30 PM. The downhill hurt just as bad as the uphill. At the last 3 miles it even hurt to stand still so we pushed on because there is stopping. Nobody is going to carry you out. There is no stopping...it only delays the inevitable! Sink or swim. Be prepared with water!!!! We devoured 5 plus litters between us ... for food we had jerky and trail mix but you get to the point where you don't care to eat anymore. We saw nobody doing the whole trail and a few trail bikers and a few short trail joggers. We also enjoyed the curious yearlings...(bucks and does) a frog and box turtle. Be prepared. The rocks will twist your ankles. Bring a change of clothes because it was a treat to change into dry socks and tshirts. The weather was low 65 and high 83 with 93 percent humidity so it was a mixed bag of sweat and chills. The bugs... fierce and relentless! Otherwise we couldn't complain!

Had tons of ticks on beginning section of trail. Wasn't bad once it merged with the horse trail.

good trail for a workout. no real views.

Sun Apr 21 2019

Only hiked 2 miles in but it was great! Hills were a good leg workout and there was a mix of dirt and rocks. Looking forward to going farther next time!

Tue Apr 02 2019

This hike kicked my butt! I foolishly didnt bring any snacks and limited water. (Shame on me) It is NOT well marked! But I love the challange and will be back. I also liked running into horses. :)

Wed Mar 20 2019

I wanted to go to another trail in this park but all the other trails in this park were packed, and it was Tuesday. The end of this one was directly across from the Trail among the trees trail. So went counterclockwise on this trail for a mile. Was gradually all up hill to the top of the tree line, Would be very beautiful in fall. Very well marked and quiet.

Wed Mar 06 2019