Green Rock Trail

Green Rock Trail is a 13.2 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Eureka, Missouri that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

My bf and I use this trail to train for bigger hikes. (currently training for half dome in yosemite) its just long, the trail is more like 14.5, maybe more..it took us 9 hours but thats the most i ever gone. start very early!!! my knee started to hurt towards the end. hiking poles are for sure needed especially after rain.

Hiked just the Rockwoods Range section and it was a wonderful hike - signage could be better but overall I would recommend this hike.

We did the Round House Loop Trail here (about 3.5 miles) and it was not my favorite hike around St Louis. Since it's moderately trafficked, we walked through spiderwebs the entire time. I hike all the time and have never experienced anything it before. It's also not very scenic and is not marked well at all! There are 2 trail heads within 30 feet of each other so be sure you start on the right one if you decide to go.

Great hike. be sure to allow enough time, we took 6.5 hours at fairly good speed.

The length of the trail listed is incorrect. Its actually 16.3 miles. The trail head listed is the northern ending point, in Rockwoods Reservations. The southern trailhead, or starting point is on the north outter road on HWY 44, about 1 mile west of Allenton Road. The trail is very well marked, and allows biking in the Greensfelder park area, but not in the Rockwoods Reservation area.

The trail itself is great. It is a moderately cleared trail with spray paint markers on the trees every ~30ft. I never felt like we couldn't find the trail when hiking. Lots of hills through the area.

Of note, the trail route pictured is not the location that google maps will take you to for the south trail head.

This trail was excellently marked! For a trail running newbie, I'm thankful!