Grassland Trail

EASY 2 reviews

Grassland Trail is a 1.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Columbia, Missouri that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1.4 miles 98 feet Loop

dogs on leash

kid friendly



mountain biking

nature trips

trail running



wild flowers


Native grasses clothe the gentle terrain that is marked with scattered wooded sinkholes. Natural sinkhole ponds provide habitat for wetland plants and animals. White connector 2 cuts the loop in half. There are two spurs off this trail that lead to High Point Lane and Rock Bridge Lane, two county roads west of the trailhead. The trail is suitable for mountain biking, which is permitted only when the trail is dry.

1 year ago

This trail is very easy and would be good for a run or for kids

1 year ago

This trail is an easy 2 mile loop, gently sloped, with about 75% open grassland (as the name implies) and the other 25% in wooded areas. There is no challenging terrain. I took my 2-year old son yesterday and we were able to hike it even at his speed and stopping frequently to look at plant life, in one hour. Because of the shorter distance this was a great after-work, evening hike.