Forest Park Trail

Forest Park Trail is a 6.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near St Louis, Missouri that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great place to walk, run or bike.

Tourists and residents alike I suggest getting a Forest Park Guide book or read on the history of the park/area before embarking on park exploration, this will make the experience more enriching.

Loved this trail! Easy to find, easy to follow, perfect length and just hard enough.

My family and I rented bikes for the day and explored Forrest Park. We had a great time and the park was very easy to navigate. My 7 year old son was able to keep up on the trails and my 20 month old daughter rode along in a Burley. There are 30 miles of trails that run through the park. There are bike racks at all the different places that you can stop and visit. You can pick up a detailed map from the visitors center which is very helpful; however they do have basic maps placed along the trails throughout the park. Exploring the park by bike is definitely the best way to see the park. It allows you to cover the vast area in the most efficient way.

Lots to see in this beautiful park; you could easily spend hours walking around here. Mostly a relaxing sightseeing tour experience, in my opinion, but I would love to go back!

Best trail in stl!

Beautiful trails

Mostly paved and out in the open unless you go to the Kennedy forest area. There's a small creek and more hiking-like conditions.

Been running, walking, biking and enjoying near daily for 50 years, can't go wrong!

nice lot of things to do in forest park good trails.

Sunday, May 21, 2017

A beautiful place to walk or run. wear sunscreen, there is not always shade.

Monday, May 15, 2017

Nice paved trail switches between gravel and blacktop to share trail with bikers. Everyone my pup and I passed were very friendly. Flowers, pond, sculptures, lots to see along the way.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Mostly paved - some dirt paths - easy hiking - great for kids or first timers

Sunday, April 09, 2017

Great easy road bike trail.

Monday, January 30, 2017

Definitely has improved from 20 years ago

Wednesday, November 09, 2016

Great for the family. Various different trails from paved to single track hiking only. Not to mention the Art Museum "Art Hill" view of the grand basin is beautiful. A must destination!

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

This is a great trail I like

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Mostly paved but a nice run.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Beautiful city park with a lot to see and do.

Wednesday, March 02, 2016

I thought this was regarded as the forest park trail, but guess not. I ditto what the reviewer said before me.

Tuesday, March 01, 2016

I've hiked the kennedy forest. Very small and loops on itself, but convenient when you live in the city where there are few options to be surrounded by trees.

Monday, January 04, 2016

Fantastic Park - did a short 2.5 walk with a Meetup group - divided bike/walking paths are a plus.

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Love walking these trails during the week--weekends can be a little crazy, with all the tourist activities in the park--so parking can be a pain. However, there are multiple routes to take, and plenty of restrooms and water fountains. Still my favorite place to work out!

Monday, June 29, 2015

Always a blast!

Thursday, April 16, 2015

I absolutely love this park -- every time I visit my brother in St. Louis I absolutely must come walk or run here because it is truly like an oasis in the city. There are all kinds of weird and cool statues/monuments/buildings/plaques to check out and hanging out by the lake is the highlight of it all. It is really fun to take a run on the weekends when all the LARPers are out and there is also the fleamarket crowd during the morning.

Wednesday, December 04, 2013

This trail is a surprisingly ok for being smack in the middle of a fairly urban area. Located in Forest Park, the John F. Kennedy Trail is perfect if you're wanting to get outside and be around nature without having to leave the city. Walked this trail on a 68 degree December day and although it's nothing amazing, I can't say I won't be be back. A nice dose of the outdoors without venturing too far from home.