Dogwood Canyon is a 6.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lampe, Missouri that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 6.2 miles Elevation Gain: 242 feet Route Type: Out & Back

cave

paved

fee

There is a $10 general admission fee that grants you access to a mill, tiny museum, store, and a tree house for kids, then another $10 per person if you want to walk the trail.

fee

Great trail with lots to see! Well maintained and good for families.

fee

Beautiful place. Took us 5 hours and over 20,000 steps to walk the entire trail including tons of stops to view and take pics. With tax, it’s $16 for adults, and $11 for kids ages 4-11 if you purchase etickets ahead of time on their website it saves you $2 per ticket just to walk the trail. Everything else is a lot extra. Too many waterfalls to count. Very beautiful. Loved the emerald streams and caves as well. I highly recommend.

Went in December. Everything was just perfect. Beautiful area. So many waterfalls. Well worth EVERY penny!!! Will be back!!!

Paved, more like a ‘nature walk’ than a hike. It’s $15 to get in btw

Paved path with spectacular views of waterfalls through entire trail. There is one unpaved hiking trail that runs up the canyon side and meets back with main trail (can be loose gravel on hill so do be careful) and the slot canyon trail is a quick non-paved but easy short trek back into a slot canyon. Admission is a bit pricy but offers a lot of amenities. Great for a family day out. Trail gets quieter and less traveled the farther back you go. My family had annual passes as this was our running trail when we had a house close by.

Spectacular waterfalls with a paved path all the way. We ran out of time for the natural trails because we are going to do the horse back ride. I’ve read a lot of reviews complaining about the money. For my family of 4, it was money well spent. My daughters are 11 and 12, we did the entire 7-mile walk. My husband doesn’t care for walking so he did a couple miles and returned to the bar for cocktails. We all enjoy horseback rides. The food is fantastic. There are REAL restrooms, sparkling clean, and nicely decorated all along the paved trail. This isn’t a state park. This is like a beautiful resort. There isn’t any pollution. It’s safe. There are people on the trail, but you get that on any fitness trail in the city. If you want a “nature trail” where you don’t run into people, they have 3 to choose from. I didn’t see anyone going anywhere near any of the natural trail heads. I will he back to try them out. If you eat, walk the trail, do the horseback ride, and get souvenirs budget $300 for a family of 4 — very reasonable for a full day of entertainment. Less than a day at a Theme Park, and a lot more fun. We did see a lot of trout in the creek and people were fishing.

fee

I thought the trail was awesome and the scenery along the way is great as well. the only thing would be pricing, but all in all it is a good experience.

Wed Apr 24 2019

absolutely beautiful grounds to walk but too many other trails to choose for free

Wed Apr 17 2019

Kinda expensive if you need to rent a bike too. It's worth it if you spend half a day there due to the cost.

Sat Nov 17 2018

great! love the treehouse by Pete Nelson

Sun Nov 04 2018

great hike that is a 6 mile up and back. great paved trail. absolutely enjoyed the day and all the trees changing. water fall are beautiful.

Wed Oct 31 2018

Absolutely beautiful during the fall. This was my second time back and loved it. Fall here is breathtaking, just wish I could share the photos I took. Yes it costs money to get in but I feel it is worth it.

Sun Oct 28 2018

Great family trail !

Sat Oct 27 2018

This is really a beautiful area, especially in the Fall. Hiked some of the trail and explored the water falls. Nice!

Thu Sep 20 2018

Definitely not worth the $50. We had to pay $10 per person to get into the park and then $15 per bike. The trails were paved and nicely maintained, but it was sights you can see on pretty much any Missouri trail system. Roaring river is not too far away and has cheaper fishing, more trails that are free, camping, and you don’t have to pay $4 per dog to enjoy the trails.

Sat Sep 15 2018

beautiful there

Mon Sep 10 2018

Nice if you enjoy the artificial nature of a zoo. I wouldn't even be generous enough to call it a hike. We frequently had to share the sidewalk with segways and a very large group of Asian people on rented bikes that were trying to blow the speakers out of a boom box. Not relaxing and about as "beautiful" as a $25 walk through Bass Pro. I'll save my money and enjoy the true, unadulterated Ozarks next time.

Sat Jul 07 2018

This park is expensive as hell. $10 to enter, $10 to walk the trails and $4 PER dog. I almost spent as much here than the Grand Canyon. However the place is beautiful. The staff could not have been nicer or more helpful, they were absolutely amazing. The park was extremely clean and well taken care of. There are 4 decent sized waterfalls but unfortunately you can’t get next to the giant one with dogs. The trail was the perfect length to be able to spend 4-5 hours here, stopping to take lots of pictures and water breaks (considering it was 94 degrees). It was very crowded with hundreds of people walking, biking, fishing and taking the truck tours. I went around 10:30 on a Monday morning and had a hard time finding a parking spot. It’s a huge tourist attraction but it deserves it because it really is a little treasure. 10/10 would recommend and would make the 8 hr (round trip) back some day!

Sun Jun 10 2018

Such a beautiful place. Yes it costs but the things they offer and the maintenance they do I'm sure costs them a fortune. I go to this trail every time I am in the area. Cannot say enough about the beauty of it.

Fri Mar 23 2018

This place is great. It has a small but interesting museum, a restaurant, a treehouse built on the show Treehouse Masters, a souvenir shop, and a learning center in addition to the trail. It is pricy to check it all out, though. $10 to get in and $10 to walk (it is more money to bike ride). It is a tourist attraction, so it’s not an exclusive walking/biking trail. They do tram rides, Segway tours, fly fishing, and lots of other things. I’m fortunate enough to be a local, so I have a season pass. I go to the park very often, and since I bring my own bike, it’s free. If you live nearby, and would visit enough, a season pass is definitely the best option. The trail is paved and has been updated and worked on after last year’s flood in April. It is mostly a smooth bike ride, and if you don’t stop much, it’s about an hour ride. I believe that there are a few short, unpaved trails that go through the woods that you can hike on. There are a lot of cool waterfalls and caves to see. There might still be a brochure that has some history on those marked spots. I would recommend checking it out if you don’t mind paying $20. It’s a really great family place and all the people who work there are very nice. Sometimes it can be very crowded, so plan your time there beforehand.

Fri Feb 16 2018

I don’t understand it. I took my family there recently and paid an arm and a leg to go...walk. Here’s a tip; go to Roaring River park and walk through he campground in the valley. You’ll see the same thing, for free, and maybe even end up w some fish outta the deal. DC is a total ripoff. Boo.

Thu Nov 23 2017

We were a bit early for the full glory of autumn colors. We’ll do it again closer to first of November! Beautiful water falls and easy walking trails.

Thu Sep 07 2017

trail is closed due to flossing until October 2017!

Mon Jun 19 2017

Mostly man made natural beauty !

Tue Apr 04 2017

Tue Jan 24 2017

Great area for dining, hiking, and biking. Cost$$ I prefer natural habitats. Pretty waterfalls, potential to be very populated.

Tue Oct 18 2016

It does cost a little bit, but extremely beautiful place! And loved seeing the treehouse built by Pete Nelson and the treehouse masters team!

Sun Oct 09 2016

Outstanding!

Wed Jul 13 2016

I would rate this trail higher, except for the fact that it costs $20 per person to walk the trail. It is beautiful, and most trails are paved. There is a $10 general admission fee that grants you access to a mill, tiny museum, store, and a tree house thing for kids. then another $10 per person if you want to actually walk the trail.... We will not be going back simply because of the cost...

Fri Jun 10 2016

expensive. its not a hike its a walk on paved roads.