Deer Leap Trail

Deer Leap Trail is a 0.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Cassville, Missouri that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, camping, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Dear Leap Trail begins near the spring, follows a series of step stone steps to the ridge overlooking the spring pool and the hatchery before continuing to the park cabins. It is heavily wooded and scenic for a short hike. This short trail leads to an overlook and boardwalk above the fish hatchery and the spring. From the overlook, you may be able to see the axle shaft from an undershot waterwheel that powered a gristmill in the mid-19th century. There is an access point near the twin waterfalls.

Great trail with kids. Great view.

A short trail up by the hatchery. Nice view from the top.

very short, nice little overlook

Nice short trail that takes you from one end of the hatchery to the other. Once you get up all the stone steps it will take you over the cave and to a look out spot where you have a great view of the hatchery and Ozark hills. Very pretty in the Fall!

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Sunday, May 15, 2016

It's really easy and fun that is my cool down trail after all my other trails

Thursday, May 05, 2016

Beautiful....lots of stairs

Sunday, May 01, 2016

There are a lot of stairs. But it is short and easy and the overlook view is worth seeing. A nice shirt trail or you can also add this to te fire tower trail.

Thursday, November 12, 2015

It met my expectations because I knew it was short and easy. I had my 6 year old along with other families and we enjoyed it. The overlook was beautiful and the kids loved it. It would be good for bird watchers.

Saturday, October 03, 2015

Sunday, July 19, 2015

I took my kids here yesterday. Yes it was crowded, but that should be expected for a Saturday. I do suggest bringing shoes you don't mind getting wet. We were in water past our ankles to get to the spring. Great place to take the family. Hatchery, fishing and the short trail. Beautiful pictures!

Monday, March 23, 2015

Very short trail. Good for little kids but there were also A LOT of people.

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Short and sweet! This trail was perfect for my 2 1/2 and 5 year old boys. They had fun climbing up the rock steps and walking along the wooded bridge pathway. Amazing view of the hatchery at the end! The hatchery itself was lots of fun as well! I blogged about the hike here: http://www.adventuresintheozarks.com/2014/03/Deer-Leap-Trail-Missouri.html

Friday, September 27, 2013

Very scenic. A short trail with a good look at the pools and rock formations

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Very scenic little hike overlooking the spring and spring pool. 20th largest spring is Missouri. Nice view over the hatchery. Fun hike for kids.