Council Bluff Lake Trail

Council Bluff Lake Trail is a 10.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Belleview, Missouri that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From St. Louis, take Hwy. 21 south to Potosi (60 miles); turn west on Hwy 8, then south on Hwy P at the first stoplight; continue south on Hwy P (12 miles) to Hwy C, then turn west for .1 miles to Hwy DD; turn south and continue to entrance (7 miles).

Very scenic and well taken care of in sections. Some sections have a little overgrowth, especially parts that use the Fire roads. I recommend wearing quality bug spray, as I was inflected with chigger bites.

Really weedy in several spots today and the beach very busy and noisy. I could hear the screaming from two miles away. Disappointed that it was so loud. Very pretty trail however. Bet this is awesome during the school year.

Well maintained, with beautiful views of the lake. Mileage is over 12 miles instead of the 10 miles listed. Great trail

Hiked the entire loop. Took a little over 4 hours (12.7 miles) . I saw no one from the time I parked until I got back in my truck. Very peaceful with great views of the lake during most of the hike. Looking forward to doing it again in the Spring.

Monday, November 07, 2016

This is a great trail. Quite a bit of elevation changes, and at times not marked very well, but the beauty of the lake makes up for it. It took me 4 hours to circle the lake.

Monday, October 17, 2016

Lots of mountain bikers when we went. Made hiking a little tough. Beautiful lake!!

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Haven't done the full trail but plan to this summer! Love the campground here.

Monday, November 16, 2015

The trail is pretty well distinguishable although not very well marked. Several water sources besides the lake if you have filters. Be warned! Around November when I went there were a ton of hunters so wear orange and hike smart also watch out for mountain bikers. Although you can't camp on the trail you can reach the designated campground or continue on the park trail connector

Monday, August 31, 2015

I am a novice trail runner/walker, and found the section beginning at the Enough boat ramp and heading clockwise for a couple of miles to be very doable and enjoyable. Mostly rollers with a big climb.

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Very nice trail. It has a nice swimming beach and picnic area.

Friday, September 20, 2013

This was a great hike. It is a relatively easy trail to hike. The elevation gain is about half the normal gain for other trails I have hiked in the past. The trail is well maintained (helped by mountain bikers) and there was a good breeze off the lake a good deal of the time. You could easily combine some fishing, kayaking or swimming (there is a beach area). You do need to stay alert to bikers. I did not pass another hiker but I did have about 10 mountain bikers pass me on the trail. Just stay alert and get out of the way. I hiked this trail in about 4 hours. My time on the trail was longer, but I took some time off the enjoy the lake.

Monday, September 02, 2013