Cliff Cave County Park Loop

moderate 45 reviews

Cliff Cave County Park Loop is a 4.8 mile loop trail located near St. Louis, Missouri that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.8 miles Elevation Gain: 311 feet Route Type: Loop

As of September 2019, this trail is closed due to flooding.

there are 2 trails at Cliff Cave, I think this is the newer one? which isn't flooded. it is a great trail. there are hills, but it is paved and when I ran it in December 2019 I saw maybe 10-12 deer so close!! it is a new, beautiful trail. there is an overlook of the river you can stop at over the bluffs. one of my favorite trails!!

closed

The paved loop is gone due to flooding . The first 0.5 mile of the 5 mile loop is visible the rest has been replaced by dirt, grass, and wildflowers. The short wooded path was replaced by a muddy swamp and the shoreline is washed out. There’s a ridiculous amount of new trash a lot of which is hanging from trees.

Hiking with Meat.

closed

Just revisited trail this morning and is still closed due to flooding. There is a short wildflower trail that leads to the river. My dog and I walked along the rocky shoreline for about 10 minutes then sat to watch the river. Unfortunately there is a lot of plastic trash. Next time I am planning a shore clean with my dog Spock. There are still open, wooded trails off the paved ones. Do not be discouraged by the rebuild (I was at first too).

Terrible. Used to be a beautiful work of nature. Now it’s a beautiful work of people invading natural environments. I came for nature hiking; not paving, bricks and iron fenced paths. I’ll never be back.

Fun, pretty easy trail.. I liked it because it's got a little variety and great views of the Mississippi. Good trail to take beginner kids and dogs on.