Chubb Trail via Lone Elk Trailhead

Chubb Trail via Lone Elk Trailhead is a 12.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Meramec, Missouri that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September.

Fun trail to run. A couple of those hills are just plain evil which is always a plus. The trail is marked pretty well and was maintained for the most part. There was a small overgrown section and a downed tree on the path. I'll definitely come back to this one again.

We hike this all the time, by the way a lot of people walk their dogs here including us and there are no signs that prohibit it.

If you’re debating whether to start at Lone Elk or at West Tyson, West Tyson has water (and Lone Elk did not), which allowed me to refill at the halfway point which was very nice in the middle of summer. Trail was nice. Long steep sections which I preferred more than the constant undulation I get with Lewis. I did get off the trail once or twice but easily backtracked once I realized something was off.

Very nice trail, also used by bikers so be aware. Beautiful scenery I would say a moderate trail with some steep parts but also flat along river and fields. Done this trail many times , prefer late fall or winter

Has everything

Pretty easy as the trail is mostly flat - it follows the railroad for awhile then heads next to the Meramec river

Saturday, October 15, 2016