Chinquapin Trail

Chinquapin Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Pineville, Missouri that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This Trail starts near the River and then goes up a canyon to the top of a Hill This is a beautiful uphill walk to the top of a hill. In the Fall you can see to the Creek, but when the leaves are on you have very limited visibility.There is one Cache in the area. The rock formations along the bottoms give a good idea of the erosion that has occurred. There are many overhangs and small caves in the area as well.

Hiked this on Labor Day afternoon. No water in creek on either side of the loop, I believe this would be a beautiful hike when the streams are running, but multiple crossings would be necessary.

I hiked this trail on Memorial Day, 2017. I loved it because of the creek. Be prepared to get wet because you will cross the creek about 10 times. It's clearly marked where I hiked but I didn't follow the loop for two reasons: 1) a large tree was down and crossed the trail and I couldn't tell if trail continued; 2) I did this hike on a day when I just got out to get out and did not have tick spray with me. There are a lot of grass/shrub/forbe areas so I ended up with a lot of ticks on me. The creek helped me rinse off the ticks on my way back to the trailhead. I work with streams and wetlands so I enjoyed this beautiful creek. There are a lot of bedrock regions in the creek with many stepfalls. The water is cool to cold and clear. Serene. The creek makes this hike one of my favorite so far. I only encountered one family and two couples on the trail. It was private which is a plus.

Nice trail. Took about 1hr 30 minutes for the 3.5 miles. Trails are marked and well kept.

Nice family hike

My son and I made this trip today and it was very enjoyable. The terrain was pretty easy. The path was clearly marked. The trail crossed the creek back and forth all along the trail. There were a few tricky spots that would be more difficult if the creek was up. Overall a fantastic hike!

Trail was in good shape. You follow the streams which were dry in most places. I would like to go back when the streams are running. A good hike for dogs!

Easy trial to follow. Would definitely do again

Our visit was on a drizzly Monday in November, and the gloomy weather didn't spoil this trail one bit. The creek bed, rock formations and bluffs, and varied vegetation make this trail a "must." I feel like a visit in winter might reveal some neat small waterfalls and cascades if the creek fills up.

The trail gets a little hard to find at one point, but the dog knew right where he was going. Other than that one spot, the yellow blazes make this a very easy trail to follow. There are restrooms at the trailhead, and the ranger was cleaning them when we arrived - thank you!

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

loved how secluded it felt. peaceful trail.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Really secluded trial. The trial is very narrow with foliage over it at parts. It also zig zags across the creek bed. Definitely be aware of ticks. Good trail for some peace and to break a sweat!

Monday, June 20, 2016

I would recommend taking the loop to the right going counterclockwise which will give you the least uphill climb. however, the left side is my personal favorite side I would recommend checking out if you do not plan on finishing the entire loop.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

fun little hike when you want something nice and fairly easy. Expect encounters with ticks, so bring bug spray.

Sunday, April 24, 2016