Busiek State Park Hiking trail

Busiek State Park Hiking trail is a 8.2 mile loop trail located near Saddlebrooke, Missouri that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running.

First time on this trail. Hugely disappointed that they have a shooting range right beside the trail that was heavily used on the weekday I visited. If I had known this, I would never had wasted my time going there. Unless you get to the far reaches of the trail, you'll hear gunshots, assualt rifles and highway traffic noise on your hike. I get on trails to escape this type of noise pollution so it was a big disappointment.
I noticed a sign that stated the shooting range was closed on Mondays so if you can schedule a hike on that day, that's what I would recommend Too bad they didn't close the shooting range down at least twice a week.

Nice trails !

This is a pretty easy to moderate hike. The creek was dried up so that was disappointing but overall a descent outing. It is easy access for camping especially with kids.

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Haven't explored this one but a couple of times. Like the natural settings but was not hard.

Monday, July 04, 2016

The trails are well marked but you can get lost and end up going in circles if your not paying attention. I would recommend taking a map with you. Good place for families and kids can walk the river and the red trails.

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Monday, April 18, 2016

NOT A FAN of this park! There are many different trail, most paths will cross water & share section, so it is hard to figure an accurate length without going on that trail. they are anywhere from 2-3 miles to 10+. Got lost mountain biking there once & ended up in Ozark, about 10 miles north. Trails are not well marked. But, if you know where you're going ... some of ther scenery is quite lovely.

Wednesday, April 01, 2015

I did the red trail with my gf and it was OK. There was a good bit of horse poop and trail got pretty muddy in some spots. We did like crossing the river there and for those of you that don't like to get wet there a newly built bridge at the trailhead.

Monday, September 29, 2014