Busiek State Park Hiking trail

Busiek State Park Hiking trail is a 8.2 mile loop trail located near Saddlebrooke, Missouri that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Going during the week in early springtime was great, as we only met three other groups of hikers. Taking yellow trail meant one low-water crossing of creek but a deeper spot coming back across. There was also a pretty steep incline at the mid-way point, like other hikers here have mentioned. This trail includes a great combination of wooded areas and fields that make for some beautiful scenery along the way.

So so fun! Several creek crossings that I wouldn’t recommend for small dogs or children if there’s been a lot of rain but the views were amazing. So many pretty waterfalls

The day I went here the place was filled with oblivious parents who didn’t seem to mind their children throwing rocks in all directions. The trails are often cut off by creeks, and I wasn’t willing to go through knee deep water to keep going forward. Hoped for a 5 mile run but after dodging rocks, water crossings, and too many smokers, I left after only getting 2 miles. To top it all off, I got back to my car only to find out someone had stolen the magnet off my car. The area is pretty but the people I came across that day ruined it.

Very enjoyable trails. Did part of the yellow trail (turned back at the crossing due to the water) and finished on the red trail. Very active park with lots of hikers and horseback riders. The trails are all fairly well marked, but there are some serious inclines, even on the easy trails. The noise from the gun range wasn’t too bad, and helped with orientation. Definitely worth the time.

Lots of trails and long ones with different paths too. Gun range being close is a big downer. Lots of trees so in the summer it’s tough to enjoy any views. There are better more low key places in my opinion. Not much climbing or bouldering

Awesome area to camp and hike. Busiek State Park is surrounded by thousands of acres of privately owned woodlands, so it would be wise to bring a map and compass of the area in case you go off trail to prevent yourself from getting lost. Also keep in mind that there are black bears in this area. Overall this is an awesome place to get out and enjoy nature. I give it 5 stars.

A very good place to camp and hike. Be sure to take a map and a compass and know how to use them, as Busiek state park is surrounded by thousands of acres of privately-owned woodlands. It would not be that difficult to get lost very quick if you had to go off trail. if you like to hike this is an awesome place to go, and Camp Creek makes an excellent catching feature. a word of warning, there are black bears in this area so hiker's and camper's need to exercise caution. Overall, I give this 5 stars.

Numerous trails to hike. The trails are well marked. Varied terrain. Enjoyable hike!! One of my favorite locations to go

First time on this trail. Hugely disappointed that they have a shooting range right beside the trail that was heavily used on the weekday I visited. If I had known this, I would never had wasted my time going there. Unless you get to the far reaches of the trail, you'll hear gunshots, assualt rifles and highway traffic noise on your hike. I get on trails to escape this type of noise pollution so it was a big disappointment.
I noticed a sign that stated the shooting range was closed on Mondays so if you can schedule a hike on that day, that's what I would recommend Too bad they didn't close the shooting range down at least twice a week.

Nice trails !

Saturday, October 08, 2016

This is a pretty easy to moderate hike. The creek was dried up so that was disappointing but overall a descent outing. It is easy access for camping especially with kids.

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Haven't explored this one but a couple of times. Like the natural settings but was not hard.

Monday, July 04, 2016

The trails are well marked but you can get lost and end up going in circles if your not paying attention. I would recommend taking a map with you. Good place for families and kids can walk the river and the red trails.

Monday, April 18, 2016

NOT A FAN of this park! There are many different trail, most paths will cross water & share section, so it is hard to figure an accurate length without going on that trail. they are anywhere from 2-3 miles to 10+. Got lost mountain biking there once & ended up in Ozark, about 10 miles north. Trails are not well marked. But, if you know where you're going ... some of ther scenery is quite lovely.

Wednesday, April 01, 2015

I did the red trail with my gf and it was OK. There was a good bit of horse poop and trail got pretty muddy in some spots. We did like crossing the river there and for those of you that don't like to get wet there a newly built bridge at the trailhead.

Monday, September 29, 2014