Busiek State Forest

Busiek State Forest is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ozark, Missouri that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Located 18 miles south of Springfield, MO on Highway 65.

great trail.

This is one of my favorite local spots. It can have a lot of people late spring and summer though.

Beautiful creek. Plenty of space as long as you get parking and are willing to walk down the creek to find said space.

Marked well, unfortunately wouldn't allow to check in, responded with not close enough to the trail.

Depending on the time of day and time of year you visit this park is great! Sometimes its busy but usually everyone is spread out through the park. When the creek has water it's nice to wade in but it's usually low or empty. If you go further back into the park the trails get a little more rough and over grown and you can easily get lost your first time through. Watch out for horse poop too.

pretty Cool even if your not in shape,

Nothing basically except a boring hike through a dried up creek bed most of the year. Maybe when there's water... but most of the time nada. AND, the trails not well kept... tons TONS of horse crap everywhere, which combined with the dry creek bed, leads to not so pleasant smell, lots of flies, and having to watch where you step all along the trail.

Better after a rain or in the spring when there's water in the creek.

lots of pretty places to explore. Usually pretty busy and not really a lot of opportunity for solitude.

I followed the yellow trail and it had some of the most beautiful scenery. There is a creek to cross but the water feels good, especially on a hot day.

First time my mom & I came here. out of the other ones we tried this is by far our fav. this will be a weekly thing for us. If you take the yellow trail be prepared to cross through a tough current. I had to carry my 55 pound dog through it. But water feels amazing and looks absolutely beautiful. 5 star!

Really nice trail (yellow trail) once you get on it. A bit tricky to locate the trailhead from the parking area. Once on the trail, it is well marked. Numerous trails of varying lengths from 2-4 miles. Several trail connect to link for a longer hike. Footbridges are missing in several places so be prepared to wade across the stream or cross on fallen trees.

Thursday, February 02, 2017

Love this park, lots of well marked trails. We drive there three to four times a summer to hike there.

Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Hiked the purple trail that starts by the gun range. We felt it was a great hike. You know how out of shape you are with the steep incline. Our German Shepherd was full of energy at the start of the hike. Two hours later he was definitely tired. He slept all the way home. Great trail over all. About water skied down a hill when our dog saw an armadillo.

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Great trail! Enough uphill to make it a bit challenging but not too much.

Monday, July 18, 2016

We hiked a combination of the Purple and White trails on the West side of Hwy 65. The combined trails came in a little over 6 miles and surprised me with an elevation gained of nearly 900'. It took us about 2.5 hours to complete the combined route.

The scenery was nice but not spectacular. The purple trail started just east of the gun range parking lot and took you high on a ridge with multiple switchbacks. The view from the ridge was probably the high point of the hike. The White trail would have been better in the Spring or fall when the creek had some water in it. It was bone-dry but expected in July.

This was a good trail if you live in SGF and don't want to drive far.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

The trail was clean. It does have some steep grades that I wouldn't recommend for those with knee issues.

Monday, July 04, 2016

The trails are well marked but you can get lost and end up going in circles if your not paying attention. I would recommend taking a map with you. Good place for families and kids can walk the river and the red trails.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Trails were clear. There were a few people but not crowded at all. My pup loved the river, which was very low. We walked along the bed and waded in a few places. 100% amazing trip!

Sunday, June 19, 2016

This place was great went with my kids water is perfectly clear great hiking trails.

Monday, May 30, 2016

East trail - Red - good trail. Brought the infant carrier and hd a great time. Small cemetery a short distance into the hike from the late 1800's. One creek crossing but fallen trees provided a route to stay dry.