Busiek Red Trail Big Loop

Busiek Red Trail Big Loop is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ozark, Missouri that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Located 18 miles south of Springfield, MO on Highway 65.

one of my favorite places close to Nixa. Dogs love to splash in the creek after a short hike. I always go left at the bottom of the hill to the trails on that end, as to avoid hiking close to the gun range because my dogs get spooked..

Great place to hike and have kids and dogs swim in the crystal clear water.

Trail was great for hiking giving nice views from the ridge line. Gave some good elevation change if you’re wanting to push yourself. The shooting range, located at the entrance to the trailhead, was a bit jarring and not so serene. Since it was a loop, we knew we were almost done with the trail when we heard the sounds of war.

hiked this trail for the first time several weeks ago, loved it, it was a great trail to use to get back into hiking, not really sure which paths we ended up doing but put in almost 6 miles

We love to take our pups out here and let them play in the creeks! It’s never been too crowded, moderately easy trail!

What we saw was nice but only had about 30 minutes. Found an old cemetery at the top of a hill. Pretty spring flowers, butterflies and the first bumblebee of the season.

nice place.

Great spring hike!

A great trail for the family

great trail.

This is one of my favorite local spots. It can have a lot of people late spring and summer though.

Beautiful creek. Plenty of space as long as you get parking and are willing to walk down the creek to find said space.

Marked well, unfortunately wouldn't allow to check in, responded with not close enough to the trail.

Depending on the time of day and time of year you visit this park is great! Sometimes its busy but usually everyone is spread out through the park. When the creek has water it's nice to wade in but it's usually low or empty. If you go further back into the park the trails get a little more rough and over grown and you can easily get lost your first time through. Watch out for horse poop too.

Monday, July 31, 2017

pretty Cool even if your not in shape,

Monday, July 17, 2017

Nothing basically except a boring hike through a dried up creek bed most of the year. Maybe when there's water... but most of the time nada. AND, the trails not well kept... tons TONS of horse crap everywhere, which combined with the dry creek bed, leads to not so pleasant smell, lots of flies, and having to watch where you step all along the trail.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Better after a rain or in the spring when there's water in the creek.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

lots of pretty places to explore. Usually pretty busy and not really a lot of opportunity for solitude.

Saturday, July 01, 2017

I followed the yellow trail and it had some of the most beautiful scenery. There is a creek to cross but the water feels good, especially on a hot day.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

First time my mom & I came here. out of the other ones we tried this is by far our fav. this will be a weekly thing for us. If you take the yellow trail be prepared to cross through a tough current. I had to carry my 55 pound dog through it. But water feels amazing and looks absolutely beautiful. 5 star!

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Really nice trail (yellow trail) once you get on it. A bit tricky to locate the trailhead from the parking area. Once on the trail, it is well marked. Numerous trails of varying lengths from 2-4 miles. Several trail connect to link for a longer hike. Footbridges are missing in several places so be prepared to wade across the stream or cross on fallen trees.

Thursday, February 02, 2017

Love this park, lots of well marked trails. We drive there three to four times a summer to hike there.

Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Hiked the purple trail that starts by the gun range. We felt it was a great hike. You know how out of shape you are with the steep incline. Our German Shepherd was full of energy at the start of the hike. Two hours later he was definitely tired. He slept all the way home. Great trail over all. About water skied down a hill when our dog saw an armadillo.

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Great trail! Enough uphill to make it a bit challenging but not too much.

Monday, July 18, 2016

We hiked a combination of the Purple and White trails on the West side of Hwy 65. The combined trails came in a little over 6 miles and surprised me with an elevation gained of nearly 900'. It took us about 2.5 hours to complete the combined route.

The scenery was nice but not spectacular. The purple trail started just east of the gun range parking lot and took you high on a ridge with multiple switchbacks. The view from the ridge was probably the high point of the hike. The White trail would have been better in the Spring or fall when the creek had some water in it. It was bone-dry but expected in July.

This was a good trail if you live in SGF and don't want to drive far.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

The trail was clean. It does have some steep grades that I wouldn't recommend for those with knee issues.

Monday, July 04, 2016

The trails are well marked but you can get lost and end up going in circles if your not paying attention. I would recommend taking a map with you. Good place for families and kids can walk the river and the red trails.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Trails were clear. There were a few people but not crowded at all. My pup loved the river, which was very low. We walked along the bed and waded in a few places. 100% amazing trip!

Sunday, June 19, 2016

This place was great went with my kids water is perfectly clear great hiking trails.

Monday, May 30, 2016

East trail - Red - good trail. Brought the infant carrier and hd a great time. Small cemetery a short distance into the hike from the late 1800's. One creek crossing but fallen trees provided a route to stay dry.

Monday, May 16, 2016

Fun trail just make sure to watch out for horses.