Broemmelsiek Trail

Broemmelsiek Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near New Melle, Missouri that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Absolutely love this trail. By far my favorite trail to hike. The scenery changes often keeping it fresh. It is shared with horses so one must beware of horse piles along the trail.

Went for a run the trail is only like 1.5 miles there is another trail that connects to it which might have made it longer. I did two loops of it for 3 miles. Went after a rainy afternoon trail was in decent condition but beware of piles of horse poop and TICKS left with two ticks on my after only a 3 miles run. Definitely do a full body check before getting into your car.

great run...did the combined jack's loop and cattle ridge (2x) for a six mile run...mostly dirt single track, a lot of the trails are ruts from bikes, a few small creek crossings, good mix of open field and trees, well marked...lots of piles of horse poop!

in my opinion, this hike was pretty boring. it's more of a horse trail. walking it by foot isn't worth it

I live two minutes from his trail. This is my go to trail. It’s my happy spot. Recommend to anyone! I bring my dog and when my husband and I are done we go to the dog park! Amazing trail!

Awesome trail. Perfect for a mild recovery run and it is relatively flat and non-technical.

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Lovely trails with scenic views. Both loops are all dirt trails with multiple passes across streams and a few passes across paved roads. Both trails are adequately marked at forks, so there is little room for error or to get lost. Both trails were littered with giant piles of horse poo, as two ladies were riding horses when we were there and clearly not caring about the mess they were leaving behind. Though, this trail has to be one of the CLEANEST I have hiked on yet in the St. Charles area.

The first loop (Cattle Ridge Trail) starts at the trail head and loops around. It is all shaded and very scenic with many water features. You will cross a stream a few times, so be prepared for that, especially if it has rained recently.

"Jack's Loop" forks off along "Cattle Ridge". It is about 75% shaded and 25% sunny/open field, so be prepared for that. You will cross streams a couple of times, some deeper than others, and you will cross a road twice. AllTrails has the INCORRECT trail marked for "Jack's Loop", so if you're following this map be forewarned that the actual trail will take you all the way around the pond and then meet back up again near the trail head. I had a mini moment of panic when I saw how far off course I was compared to the alltrails map, but it eventually met back up again.

Overall, lovely walk, very little traffic during the week day (we passed by 2 hikers, and were passed by 2 horses and 3 mountain bikers on the entire hike), will definitely be back.

Sunday, May 07, 2017

This is a great trail! Usually run the 4.1 loop but have also completed the full loop around 5.1 miles. It gives you great variety of woods, fields and some small creek crossings. Well maintained and beautiful park amenities also.

Friday, February 24, 2017

Great trail(s), recently renovated. The All Trails map is very out of date and needs to be updated.

Sunday, November 13, 2016

enjoyed it but got lost because I'm directionally challenged

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Very moderate trail & beautiful!

Sunday, August 07, 2016

Beautiful hike, lots of variety in scenery.

Friday, June 24, 2016

Pretty good for mtb. Different terrains to roll through and a few rocks n roots to hop.

Tuesday, June 07, 2016

One of my favorite parks to go on

Sunday, March 06, 2016

Awesome! Beautiful hike on a beautiful day!

Sunday, September 06, 2015

well kept trail. a lot of horse manure.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Did this one again. Very well kept trail and a great one to do. A hidden gem in St Charles county

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Excellent trail, another good one in st Charles county. Would recommend this one for anyone. Lots of animals, trails in good condition. Got done before it got to hot.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Went out today, made it about 1/2 mile. little to muddy yet. probably better in couple for days.

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Great hike. A bit muddy in spots. It took a minute to find the trail at a couple of road crossings. Very pretty trail. One of my favorites in the area so far.

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

It was a great hike. And with the new lake they put in it looks great!

Sunday, July 06, 2014

My husband and I had the park to ourselves-which was nice especially for a St. Charles County Park. We did the 1.1 mile Cattle Drive Trail. It had some great prairie views. It was a good, short walk.

Monday, March 10, 2014

Just OK, very hopeful that will improve after all construction is completed.

recorded 1st hike of spring