Bluff Creek Trail

Bluff Creek Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near St Louis, Missouri that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

partially paved

Located Northwest corner of I-270 & I-44

Great trail for hiking or trail running. Stay on the rim like in the map for inclines and declines. Definitely nice views and good location

Great honking workout. The only reason I didn’t give it a 5 is due to the traffic noise. Definitely a great “in the woods” feel if it weren’t for the traffic noise. We were pleasantly surprised by the workout we got by following the unpaved path. Will definitely be coming here more often.

I appreciate how nearby this trail is.
Considering how many walk here, it is appropriate that a good portion is paved. For trail running, excellent. Challenging up grades and down, and short enough that a brief, intense workout is possible. Also, no bikes! Always see deer, and view of Meramec is nice, though view on other side is purely industrial.

Easy to find, quick and not too far away. My boyfriend and I took our dogs here and we had a great time. Not as great of overlook views as Castlewood but the trees are magnificent, especially during fall.

Great hike today with plenty of fall colors on the trail, especially maple yellows and a nice view of the Meramec! The trail has plenty of elevation change and is great for little ones to burn off some extra energy.

Very convenient location and it does give ya a good elevation hike for a short distance trail. One negative is the interstate noise. Otherwise it’s a nice green zone full of trees and a variety of ozark highlands and river bottoms. I hope they connect the park with others up and downstream. This place can’t match Castlewood, but it has a nice vibe considering you are in the shadow of I-270 and I-44. It’s also right next door to the last Lemp mansion (private property unfortunately!)

Pretty easy trail for the loop that goes up to the glades. Can get through it in about 25 minutes if you have a moderate pace.

Very beautiful and shaded. There were a lot of dirt trails that went all over the place and were hard to follow. The main path was paved.

Cool trail, lots of different paths. Shaded the entire way.

Quick hike on a humid spring day. Lots of shade and greenery. A little much for my small dog but we made it through

Lots of different trails from paved to bluff side.

Thursday, January 04, 2018

One of our favorite spots in town to get away & grab a quick hike.

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Nice trail close to home. Great for a warm December day.

Friday, November 24, 2017

Good, short trail for my dogs and me, but also challenging. Noisy because of traffic, but very beautiful.

Sunday, November 05, 2017

nice Trail beautiful scenery easy access

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Love this trail. Its close to home. Has good elevation. Never crowded.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Saturday, July 08, 2017

Simple short little hike. Pretty views and a great place for a sunset picnic.

Sunday, March 05, 2017

Nice walk close to home.

Sunday, February 12, 2017

a nice easy trail. great view points(of the industrial park) but a good clean park!

Friday, February 10, 2017

Nice little trail

Thursday, February 09, 2017

We went for a weekend hike with our dog

Tuesday, November 01, 2016

Easy to navigate, super easy trail.

Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Great starter hike!!! Plus some yoga poses!

Monday, June 20, 2016

Great trails for people of all abilities.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

I really enjoyed the variety this trail offers: creek bed, asphalt, hiking, steep hills, river view, and several bluffs. Some areas you can hear the highway, but only a small part of hike. It is a short loop, but did it 3x and got a great workout. Mostly shaded AND there's indoor bathrooms! I couldn't ask for more from a place just a few miles from a heavily populated community. It's a great get away close to home.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Outer loop to the right from Emmenegger entrance can be challenging.

Monday, March 28, 2016

Great trail that is well maintained.