Bluff Creek Trail

Bluff Creek Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fenton, Missouri that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.0 miles Elevation Gain: 301 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

Located Northwest corner of I-270 & I-44

Didn’t quite follow the exact path that is posted here. Did a bit of the paved and unpaved portions. A lot more trails here than just the one on this app

I love this trail. I had the most bizarre encounter the other day. I was walking it barefooted and I was nearly to the very top of the peak and suddenly I heard a tussle in the weeds and not 15 feet away something started v lining straight at me. I thought at first it was a rabbit but within about 5 seconds a 4foot long snake pops up and stares at me, I jumped back and hit the side of the wood fence and slowly walked back as it just perched up and stared at me. I backed up about 15 feet and then it finally went back into the trees. It was something I’ve never experienced and very surreal. I’ll never forget this hike.

nice trail in an urban area. some beautiful areas that make it feel like you aren't in the city.

private property

it does dead at one point into private property but the map on the app shows that. it is on a flood plain of the meramec so I imagine muddy in wet times. however the trail is pretty easy to follow especially if you follow the map. I only had to turn around once.

Really enjoyed this trail, even tho reviews referencing washed out trails and loose rock are accurate. Very picturesque and quiet. I imagine even more so as the seasons change. The paths are not difficult to find and follow, especially if you’re using AllTrails. A few steep hills may make it difficult for young kids.

This probably gets 4 stars in the fall, but it just wasn't very picturesque for an end of August hike.

This was easy in length but some parts of the trail were not exactly “easy”. Rocky and treacherous in parts. Not well marked!

We also recommend CLOCKWISE (thanks for the tip Susan!). The entire trail is shady and well maintained. The section paralleling the highway is rocky, we recommend taking the spur trails there for better footing and to get farther from the highway.

recorded Bluff Creek Trail

Kind of a crappy trail. The one marked on the app isn’t useable, trees down on river loop. Trail markers inaccurate in some spots

I did this trail 2x this weekend. It was beautiful! I recommend doing it CLOCKWISE. When you come to the fork, turn left. You'll go up a hill, then walk down into the valley with the creek. It's much better this way. I'll definitely be doing this trail again :-)

Probably a better fall hike or when the streams are running. The creek crossings are all dry. Its muddy and no river access due to the flooding.

Great trail in the middle of everything! It’s a great hike, minus the mud from this seasons flooding, but they had a crew out there cleaning up today! Plan to head back in a week or so to check it out while it’s a little drier.

We were here a few days ago, and the beginning of the trail was flooded. While not the case today, there was a lot of stinky mud to trek through initially. Other areas had debris over the pathway, but again, it was understandable with the flooding. The trails were easy to identify and follow. I could hear traffic from the highway in some places, but it was a beautiful hike. My only critique is that there are no trash cans in the parking area at the trailhead which resulted in a number of bags of dog poop being left there.

Great for a quick family hike!

good uphill and down stroll with some nice views.

Scenic, easy, and well maintained.

Perfect for dogs. If you start on the left up the hill the end will have a peaceful surprise.

great trail. dog friendly

This park and trails are awesome! Very remote with few people. Well maintained and gorgeous cliff views of the Meramec River.

Great trail for hiking or trail running. Stay on the rim like in the map for inclines and declines. Definitely nice views and good location

Great honking workout. The only reason I didn’t give it a 5 is due to the traffic noise. Definitely a great “in the woods” feel if it weren’t for the traffic noise. We were pleasantly surprised by the workout we got by following the unpaved path. Will definitely be coming here more often.