Blair Ridge is a 10.0 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bradleyville, Missouri that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 10.0 km Elevation Gain: 215 m Route Type: Out & Back

Easy to see the trail, great views, bring a bathing suit! 3 1/2 hours round trip with a 30 minute break to swim. Prepare to walk up hill!

This is an awesome hike! the trail is fairly dry, even with the recent rain. The water is clear and cold, perfect for a refreshing swim. We started at 0900, and when we made it out at 1315 we had only seen 6 people.

All water levels are very high in this area. Trail was a great hike today with quite a bit of mud and even some running water down the trail. The water at the Falls felt great for a swim. Super clear water. Saw one other group hiking.

Great trail with nice elevation. The falls are definitely worth the hike!

Easily marked, easy to follow to the falls. Quick out and back. Shady. Short break for us at the falls. Less than 2 hours round trip for fit, experienced hikers. Started on a Saturday morning around 8am very little traffic. There were a few places to camp along the way if that suits you. Heavily shaded with some open areas. You need boots for the good ankle support. Be ready to spend some time at the falls. Plenty of shade and big rocks to relax on. The water is crystal clear, not at all littered! Let’s keep it that way :) I’d rate this one as easy/moderate. Moderate only because of the hike out. Kid friendly with boots.

Great trail with lots of tree covering. The falls at the end are definitely worth it!

Great trail with quite a few small glades as well as forested areas for a nice mixture of plants to see and scenery.

Beautiful trail, The Falls are worth the hike!

This is a nice gradual down and up. The falls were neat. Tree cover most of the way.

recorded Blair Ridge

I went a couple weeks ago and the trail was clear and easy. The falls are gorgeous but the hike down is fairly uneventful. I didn't see many scenic views or places to stop and rest with a view.

Went to The Falls

A fun hike! The way down was kind of boring and felt a little easy, but the waterfalls were beautiful with the clearest water I’ve ever seen. The way back up was a bit harder, which I appreciated. Signed in at the register and maps were also provided. A beautiful spot I plan to visit again!

Nice hike, easy clean trail, 5-1/2 hours in and out with a 6 and 3 year old, plenty of exploring stops along the way. I’ve been looking forward to the falls for some time and it did not disappoint.

By far the FASTEST way to The Falls, this trail is what i recommend to anyone that wants to see the falls without a real "hastle" but only take it in the spring or fall time because of spiderwebs and ticks. The trail starts at a flat and slopes downhill gradually back into some ups and downs but overall the easiest trail there. I've hiked all of the Hercules Glades trails and in my opinion this is the easiest. Watch out for snakes. With the right weather this trail is beautiful. I enjoy it the most in fall time because of all the fall colours. Pack water in because there is not any place to filter until you reach The Falls. Trail is well beaten and clear for the most part.

Gorgeous! I’m beat. Moderate is right!!!

Enjoyed this trail with my dogs. We made it an overnight trip which was great with a cool evening! We could hear coyotes in the distance which was incredible

Sat Apr 06 2019

Like previous reviews stated: easy to find trailhead, well marked. Spring day and ticks are out. Between the two of us and two dogs we found at least 12 ticks. Very quiet. Only other person we saw was US Forest employee tending to signage. Enjoy the solitude!

Sat Apr 06 2019

This is a decently maintained trail that starts at high elevation and goes down to Longs Creek and a nice waterfall. The trailhead has space for about 5 cars. If you are doing dispersed camping I would recommend hiking in a bit. We camped about 400 feet in from the trailhead and there was a thick blanket of leaves everywhere and tons of rocks underneath. I believe the camping spot marked on the trail map above is the first big clearing to the left going in on the trail. The Blair Ridge trail was not very heavily trafficked - we only ran into two other groups on the trail itself, but expect to run into others down at the falls as there are other trails that run into this area. Go left at the fork by the river to get to the falls. The signs are not very obvious. Overall I would rate this as an easy hike if you are over 13 and have any experience hiking. Ticks are big in this area, bring repellant and check yourself after exiting the trail.

Thu Mar 14 2019

Trail was great! We went mid-March after 2 days straight of rain - trail was pretty saturated with water at some points. Definitely pack an extra pair of socks or wear water-resistant hiking boots. This trail was nice, because, unlike most of the Hercule’s Glades you didn’t have to cross any little creeks to get to the falls. The trail was almost completely clear, as well. Toward the end of the trail, we decided to take the Coy Bald Trail to the “main part” of the falls. The Coy Bald trail will be at a fork once you get closer to the riverbed. Little cold, but it was SUPER windy and very cloudy. Pretty good temp. once you get moving!

Sun Mar 03 2019

Really enjoyed the hike. Easy to follow trail.

Sun Feb 10 2019

We loved this hike! Would be nice to come back and see it in different seasons. Part of the trail had ice today, but still crossable. The waterfalls were flowing and made great photos.

Mon Jan 07 2019

By far the easier of the Hercules glade trail and most direct route to the wet weather falls. Did thin in January on a Sunday, there had been good rains even as late as the Friday before. 62 degrees and I did work up a sweat on the inclines. I hope to bring the kids with me next time. Saw many young ones out on this trail today.the falls were in full swing and gorgeous

Mon Nov 05 2018

great trail. easy stroll. pack a lunch and make a day of it. fall temperatures and colorful leaves are gorgeous here.

Sun Sep 02 2018

Great scenic trail. Well marked and maintained trail. Be sure to take tick repellent.

Tue Apr 17 2018

This is the best trail in Hurcules Glades Wilderness Area. Trail is about a mile past the Hurcules Firetower Trailhead on Blair Road. you'll go down Blair Road about 3 miles and the trailhead will be on the right. It's easy to see, so you can't miss it. The trail is clear, well-defined, very easy to follow, and leads right to the falls. for the most part it is an easy trail to walk, as a matter of fact this Trail would be on the light and of moderate for the most part. It's an out-and-back trail and is about 2. 7 miles to Long Creek and the falls. This trail has a little bit of everything. Woods, great view of the Glades, and of the surrounding Glade areas and hills. Overall, a fantastic Trail. I've hiked almost all the trails in the Hercules Glades, and this is by far the best trail that I have hiked. if you like to Camp, there are a lot of areas along this Trail to camp out.

Fri Mar 09 2018

Hiked Blair Ridge Trail last Saturday, a week after heavy rains in the area. The streams and creeks were flowing and the Falls were beautiful. It was a clear day, sunny, with a slight breeze so couldn't have asked for better hiking weather. I can't wait to go back and explore another trail in the Hercules Glade Wilderness area.