Bethany Falls Trail

Bethany Falls Trail is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Blue Springs, Missouri that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

The Bethany Falls Trail at Burr Oak Woods is a 1.33 mile loop that meanders through second growth timber, a limestone glade, a wet weather creek, a corner of restored prairie and through a series of Bethany Falls limestone outcroppings.

Nice trail. Was easy enough that my children traveled through it without any worries, although just enough terrain to make it fun. Well spent 1.5 hours out of the house.

It’s great and is near home! Nice place to get out of the house and go for a nice walk!!

Weaving though the limestone out croppings, almost whimsical with their mossy covering, was my favorite part of this trail. Good opportunity to see wildlife - lots of birds and squirrels, but also saw a turkey and a deer on my hike. I would rate the difficulty moderate as there were a couple moderate inclines, stairs, and some areas with slick rocks. The trail head is best reached by driving past the nature center, the road will end in a parking lot.

wonderful hike

Beautiful and unique trail! Great for kids.

Great trail for the area. Rocky in some spots but easy overall. Hiked it with my 2yr old and he enjoyed it.

Came with my dog & there were about 3 or 4 signs that said no pets (aside from service animals) so if you’re wanting to use this trail don’t bring your pets

Getting ready for backpacking trip so hiked this one today w/35lb pack & gear. Trail is well groomed w/minor elevation changes through medium/dense forests. A couple areas where trail is rocky but not too challenging.
Tick/mosquito repellent highly recommended.
If you're looking for a leisurely hike through the forest this one is worth it.

Well-maintained and an awesome trail for families to experience. Also picnic area linking the various trails. Very highly recommended.

Great short trail. Saw wildlife, quiet most of the way. Well maintained.

We had a blast walking this trail!!

Nice short trail! Very lovely

This is a good easy hike with some really fun rock formations. Combine it with the other two trails at Burr Oak for a longer, more enjoyable afternoon of hiking.

Great for a quick hike. Good mix of terrain with some cool rock formations

Fun well marked trail. Great for the young kids.

Gorgeous walk. Lots of rocks to explore and climb around on.

My husband and I just hiked this trail today with our three kiddos (3, 2, and 9 months). It reminded us of hiking in NW Arkansas with less elevation change. This is a beautiful trail, well maintained and marked, and diverse terrain for this area. We loved it!

Hello... my son and I are going to be walking this tomorrow for the first time and I was wondering about how long does this take to complete?

Beautiful views! Great little hike with my 3 and 5 year old!

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Really nice trail with beautiful scenery. You can hear a highway at one point in the hike but it's not a super high traffic highway. Mostly wooded with a short stretch of prairie. Loved the boulders that you can climb up on top of.

Friday, February 17, 2017

We love this trail and have hiked it many times. Today was the latest. There is road noise at one point and can be a struggle for those with walking difficulties. It has an area of rough terrain going through the rocky out croppings.

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Easy, but really cool/scenic trail.

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Kids loved climbing on rocks and jumping over "ravines". Perfect for novice hikers who get bored easily. Pretty area, but too close to highway noise at some points (but that also means it's easy to get to).

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Enjoyed hiking this trail. It offers a little bit of everything.

Friday, October 21, 2016

It's good. Nice place to get out and about for some fresh air that isn't too far for me to get there. I enjoy how there are a lot of trails here that connect in some form or fashion.

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Nice trail with some cool rock formations to climb around on.

Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Nice woodsy trail with some small slopes. Best trail in Burr Oak Woods.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Kids love climbing on the rocks, I love the energy they burn.

Monday, September 05, 2016

Absolutely love this trail! There's rocks, fields, hills and flat areas.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Great trail to walk with my kids. They loved climbing through the rocks.