Bennett Spring Natural Tunnel Trail

Bennett Spring Natural Tunnel Trail is a 7.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Windyville, Missouri that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

fly fishing

cave

This trail is a 7.5 mile round trip trail that takes you through Spring Hollow to a 300 ft. long natural tunnel. It is about 15 ft. wide. This is a very unique natural feature. The trail to the tunnels takes you through creek beds, meadows and wooded hills. The trail head is in the parking lot just south of the spring. Trail maps are available at the visitor center.

This would have been a five star if the trail was better maintained. Even with spray, my dog and I returned with NUMEROUS ticks. The first part is very rocky and not for those who have unsure footing. The natural tunnel is very cool and an awesome feature, but doesn't completely ale up for the shoulder high foliage on the second part of the loop. I would give this a 2.5 rating. Likely it would be a great hike on the dead of winter when nothing growing.

Pretty decent trail, humidity was just awful. We went early in the morning trail was nice an empty, just the way I like it!

I hiked the east loop in 4 hours on Mother's Day weekend. It was an excellent hike and the only thing I didn't like was the dry creek bed at the beginning of the trail--about a mile of it hiking in and out. It is an ankle breaker for sure. The rest is beautiful.

A few ticks after the hike had to be removed but other than that the pests were few. I saw one snake. Wading the shin deep creek crossings was cool on a warm day. There were a couple benches on the way to rest.

The natural tunnel was amazing. Met few on the way out but returning there were many groups hiking after 3:00 pm.

Awesome hike. Very scenic!

This is an amazing area, the trail was easy to find and well marked. This is a great way to spend time with family ✌️

beautiful, moderately difficult at times, but quite public. would be great for family outings. overall A.

Would love to review this trail thoroughly but I cant. After driving all day and being told through alltrails this trail had overnight camping I arrived to find it was a sun up to sun down trail. The only camping available was on a mass campground. Needless to say I packed up and went home.
Loud, extremely busy and difficult to find.

The Tunnel was well worth The Hike....Ready to do it again!!!

2/11/17
This is the second time we hiked this trail, the tunnel is well worth it! the trail is marked very well although the distances were a bit goofy....We took the east trail there and the west trail back.

Very well maintained and marked trail. Map was not needed but I still stopped at the visitor center to get one. I did not find the trail to have much in elevation, nonetheless a great day outing. The natural tunnel is well worth the journey.

Fun trip out to the natural bridge. Instead of the out and back, we took the west trail and it was poorly marked. We ended up on a service road with no recollection of ever passing an option to turn or did not see any blue blazers. Trail wasn't worth the added mileage. Would just do the out and back if we do it again.

We went in on the natural cave trail and tried to complete the loop instead of going down and back. We wound up on a service road and I still don't know how that happened. Luckily the service road ran back into the west trail and we were able to finish the loop. Next time we'll be going down and back since there really wasn't much to see on that leg of the loop.