Learn more

Bee Tree Lake Loop is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near St. Louis, Missouri that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.3 miles Elevation Gain: 252 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

All St. Louis County Parks reopened about 2 weeks ago. The lake loop trail is now one-way (clockwise).

recorded Bee Tree Lake Loop [CLOSED]

Good trail Tree down on paw paw on lake end.

Closed

This trail falls somewhere in between a hike and a park trail. It’s a mix of graveled and dirt trails through the recreation area. Has nice views of the pond and a scenic river overlook. Plenty of people out and about but it never felt crowded. Definitely animal friendly, it’s a great area to let the dogs burn off a little energy.

a little scenic. I really love woodsy dirt path trails. a little more hikey than a walking travel. this has gravel paths and a short stretch of dirt path. it almost looks like it dead ends but its just a u turn onto a lower path

Nice Saturday morning walk. There were lots of families on the walk. There are nice overlooks of the river if you follow a few of the offshoots.

Great tril for leisure hike/walk. Pretty views.

Sun Apr 28 2019

This was a good trail!

super easy, very clean and pretty lake/river view. great place for fishing and to take kids to park too

Sun Sep 23 2018

Fri Jun 01 2018

Pretty and lots of options. There are a lot of different side trails in various levels of difficulty. Some are paved and some aren’t. I like the variety. We saw a snake on the path once.

Sun Apr 15 2018

Thu Jan 04 2018

Nice walk through a county park. Features a lake & views of the river.

Sat Sep 09 2017

A pleasant, easy walk that most able-bodied people could accomplish. The trail I took actually consisted of Crow's Roost Trail, Fisherman's Trail and Paw Paw Trail. It started from the loop drive near the lake, went up Paw Paw Trail through the woods, where we saw several deer, to a Mississippi River overlook on the bluffs, back down through the woods on Crow's Roost Trail to Fisherman's Trail to loop around the pretty little fishing lake and back to the car.

Mon Aug 07 2017

Charming little walk that's as easy as pie. I did it during a weekday and it was just me and the trees. Really relaxing.

Wed Jun 14 2017

beautiful walk

Sun May 07 2017

ok mostly paved with rock nice overlook

Tue Dec 13 2016

Nice area to walk around the lake and a few short trails through the woods leading to a good view of the Mississippi River

Wed Sep 14 2016

It's not really a hike, its a stroll around the lake. Pretty, but not what I'd hoped for.

Sun Jul 17 2016

Nice place to trail run.

Sat Mar 19 2016

I've hiked down to the river many times to "recharge" my batteries. I've moved away from the area but I still go back at least twice a year. I do miss being able to go there whenever I want.

Sun Jan 18 2015

Great for beginners.

Sun Dec 21 2014

Great place to walk with kids and the new playground was a hit. Be careful of the "overlook" to the left of the mansion bc once you get down the steps, the old railing has fallen down in disrepair. We will definitely go back.