Alison Cemetery Trail is a 2.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Williamsville, Missouri that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 2.6 miles Elevation Gain: 262 feet Route Type: Loop

historic site

trail runs next to the lake This hike is an easy hike. There is a spur trail approximatly .25 miles that takes you to the Allison Cemetary. This cemetary has some very old gravesights, and a scenic overlook of the lake. Backtrack to the maintrail, the trail follows the coves of the lake about 50 feet above water level at regular pool depth. The trail is designed to be hiked in a clockwise direction.

A nice meandering hike. I though it Was much more challenging than easy. Much of the trail is along the slopes lining the lake and there are a ton of downed trees. You have to be careful and make sure you follow the markers otherwise you’re gonna wander off very quickly.

We visit this trail every year when we camp. It’s nice but there are always spots that are a little overgrown. It could be hard to follow if it’s your first time.

A good nature hike, but some places were a bit hard to follow the footpath. Some places were overgrown, had fallen trees, were rocky, or crossed streams. There were markers on the trees ever 15 feet or so which was a huge help. I enjoyed the trail. It wasn't strenuous. There were pretty sights near the lake and cemetary and also lots of natural habitat views. Overall a good experience I would do again.

I didn’t find it in as poor a condition as others noted. Almost all of the large fallen trees had been cleared from the path. There were a couple places in the middle part of the hike where the trail seemed to jump suddenly to the left or right, but it was always easy to find the path. A few of the markers were on fallen trees but have since been replaced. Path is mostly wide and clear with a few narrow spots.

Very nice hike, could use a lot of work clearing and Remarking path.

Was good the first 2 miles then got confusing

Sun Apr 28 2019

kinda hard to follow. not maintained

Sun Mar 17 2019

Not marked, not maintained and won't be a good hike until it is. great spot and good views if you can get to them.

Sat Oct 13 2018

The trail would have been awesome (including a really cool cemetery). With that said the trail seems that it has not, and is not, being maintained. Many downed trees, tons of debris from flooding (I assume). We were the only ones on the trail for its entirety. Nice lake views, but a bit of a guessing game from marker to marker. I’m an experienced hiker so wasn’t bad for me, but hiker beware and be prepared.

Thu Sep 13 2018

worst maintained trail I've ever seen. We spend most of our time trying to find our way to markers. We had two small children with four adults. We had to climb over trees and walk through washed up wood from the flood.

Wed Jul 25 2018

sloops, lake, deer

Thu Jun 28 2018

Trail would be much better if maintained. Most of the time we couldn't see the trail. We definitely followed the trail markers on the trees. It became a trail blazing game for us...which one of us would see the next trail marker on the tree first? For a lot of the trail we went from marker to marker because the trail was covered in leaves, twigs, fallen logs, etc. LOTS of ticks. We must have removed 40-50 crawling ticks from our dog.

Thu Mar 22 2018

Small good for small kids to start on like the view of the lake

Sat Nov 25 2017

I started off on the Lake View Trail and decided to veer off on the Allison cemetery trail. It’s November so the leaves are a foot deep in places (no joke) and that made it hard to stay on trail. You would think I would be able to follow the trail markers, well, that would be the case if in fact there were trail markers. I was looking for nails on trees most of the time. I will give the trail another chance and come back when the leaves are gone, but it definitely needs some trail maintenance.

Sun Oct 08 2017

The trail is more of a moderate level trail. There was a lot of down trees from storms earlier in the year and debris from flooding making the trail harder to follow. It's distance is 3.4 miles. The cemetery is neat to visit as well. Could be a great trail with beautiful views if they are able to get it maintained.

Thu Jun 15 2017

the lake has flooded in may and it is still flooded . most of the trail is messed up or underwater. you can still get to the cemetery but thats about it.

Fri Mar 03 2017

Beautiful site the cemetery was interesting the trail at times was pretty rock have to really watch it and when I tracked the hike it took 3.4 miles and 2 and a half hours.

Wed Feb 22 2017

Gorgeous views and well marked.

Sun Jan 29 2017

Definelty ranked as moderate. A fun hike with some very unique sites.

Mon Oct 31 2016

Small hike. This place has lots of history online at findmygrave.com

Mon Oct 24 2016

Not too difficult, nice walk in the woods with lake views. Definitely wear bug spray and check for ticks!

Wed Sep 21 2016

As a novice hiker at 61 yrs old, I took the Alison Cemetery Trail as an easy introduction. The trail itself was pleasant, (bug spray a must have) but seeing a 450 yr old cemetery being swallowed by rising lake water was, to me, a disgrace! I will never use this trail again.

Sun Apr 24 2016

great views ,beautiful lake ,overall great hike

Sat Aug 24 2013

Amazing trail to walk. Beautiful scenery, wildlife, nice view of the lake. The cemetery is kinda neat, lots of old graves. Don't blink. There are plenty of photo opportunities. Don't blink, don't look away. Hope u enjoy the walk. I think it moved, don't blink!