Percy Quin State Park Nature Trail

Percy Quin State Park Nature Trail is a 2.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Summit, Mississippi that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

had a great time with 5 kids. start to finish was 5.6 miles trail is open all the way around the lake

I was disappointed at the up keep of the nature trail. After only a little over a mile the bridge was out and I had to turn back around. I anticipated at least four miles in before turning around. I posted pictures from the trail hopefully it will get some love and care.

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Percy Quin has rapidly become my favorite place to hike! I usually start at the Golf Course parking lot and walk along the road to the northern trailhead, all the way around the lake and back to the golf course, which stretches the Nature Trail to a 10-mile hike. There is a ton of opportunity to see a huge variety of plants, animals, and animal sign. Percy Quin is an absolute gem!

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Sunday, May 22, 2016

The trail was in bad repair, but beautiful.

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Just ok, trails need work to reach their old glory.

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Needs work.

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Our first hike. Very fun, however the grounds were very wet so there was a bunch of mud. Beautiful scenery and trees. We even saw 2 small snakes. Dam is out so trail is one way in one way out. We turned back early because we didn't have proper shoes on to go through ankle deep water. All in all, very fun. We will be back soon!!

Saturday, November 22, 2014

We did this trail 11/15 and it was an okay trail except for one big thing: ALL OF THE BRIDGES ARE OUT. They are all in disrepair or just washed away. do not go with children or on a cold day. you will get wet. Also the road ways have been changed and cut off so don't plan on a drop off and pick up. other than that its cool, but very wet

Friday, April 05, 2013

We went hiking and camping here a few years ago. Enjoyed the hikes, the lake, and the campgrounds!