Lost Bluff Trail at Grenada Lake

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(68)
Grenada, Mississippi

Lost Bluff Trail at Grenada Lake is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Grenada, Mississippi that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Length2.3 miElevation gain344 ftRoute typeLoop
Dogs on leashFishingHikingWalkingBird watchingRunningForestRiverwild-flowersWildlifeBugs
Weather
UV Index
Daylight
Reviews (68)
Photos (75)
Recordings (58)
Completed (77)
Cam Calisch
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJanuary 19, 2021
Hiking

I honestly didn’t realize that Mississippi had this type of elevation on this side. It was pretty fun. Two benches along the way, one overlooking the lake. I went in the middle of January so it was pretty colorless, but looking forward to checking it out again in the spring. 4 stars only because you could still hear road noise for the first half during the winter. Might be different in spring with more animals!

John Gray
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarDecember 21, 2020
HikingGreat!Muddy

Trail was pretty muddy in spots, but not too deep or slick. Good variety of elevation changes.

View John's Recording
James Gallagher
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarDecember 10, 2020
Hiking

Nice elevations got off the trail a little down by the river so a little bit added to the relatively short hike

View James's Recording
Sloan Garner
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarNovember 27, 2020
Hiking

Parents are 49 & 54. Their first time, my umpteenth. They liked it a lot, even though it kicked all our butts.

View Sloan's Recording
M. L.
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarOctober 31, 2020
HikingBlowdownGreat!

Great trail and beautiful diversity..., the steps are a bit of a challenge for me due to a spine injury and arthritis. But it is a good workout. I have a video of this trail that I made in 2020..for anyone interested, it is at youtube - https://youtu.be/hBgEeX9dR4g

Ralf Langer
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarOctober 18, 2020
HikingGreat!

Nice trail, well marked and challenging at times.

Emily Thompson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 20, 2020
Hiking

Great hike and the trail was well marked! Nice bench on the trail overlooking the river

shiana humphrey
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 18, 2020
HikingGreat!

this trail is awesome and just the right amount of challenging I loved it alot the stairs and elevation is challenging in some parts but the view is very rewarding

Mike Duhe
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 8, 2020
HikingGreat!

Nice workout for those that don't hike too often. A good moderate trail. (Edit) We hiked this trail again in mid November, the weather was cool and the trail was excellent. We had our grand kids with us, and they loved it. The leaves covered most of the trail so it was a good time to let the youngsters lead, to teach them how to follow a trail. We had a blast!

Justin Courson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 7, 2020
Nature trips

My daughter and I really like this trail. It’s got some really steep inclines that can be challenging to my 10 year old, but not so much so that it’s not fun. The trail is very clear and marked well.

Morgan Fant
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 24, 2020
View Morgan's Recording
Melissa Chamness
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJune 21, 2020
Hiking

Beautiful trail, well marked, fun little trail for a family with younger children or anyone just starting out.

View Melissa's Recording
Danny Ruth
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJune 11, 2020
Hiking

Lost Bluff is hands down the most beautiful trail Mississippi has to offer! I was born and raised in Grenada and have hiked and ran this trail so many times I’ve lost count. I haven’t lived in Grenada in a decade, but still do this trail every time we visit or drive through! It’s got steep hills, creeks, and bluffs that overlook the river.

Jessica Smith
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 23, 2020
HikingBugs

Lovely trail for a short hike! I’m in town visiting my parents who live about 30 minutes away. I was pleasantly impressed with this trail & would definitely revisit. I thought certain parts were challenging enough. I’ve just restarted my healthy lifestyle habits in January, so it was perfect for my skill level. Highly recommended!

View Jessica's Recording
John Rochford
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMay 20, 2020
Hiking

So glad I checked this trail out! Not the longest, but will surely get your heart rate up at some points & easy to follow. Visited in mid-May and really enjoyed the density of the forest. I wouldn’t suggest for small dogs or green children. A nice weekend morning trip for folks from Memphis & a perfect “break” for anyone traveling along I-55!

Roger Howell
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarApril 4, 2020
Hiking

Second round for the day. Felt way better than the first.

View Roger's Recording
Chuck Savage
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMarch 7, 2020
Hiking

This is very nice hike! The trail paths are clearly defined. There are a few steep inclines but nothing outrageous. A great trail for medium & large sized dogs. Would be difficult for smaller dogs. I did this hike early March but I can imagine it would be even prettier in the spring.

Alan M.
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFebruary 8, 2020
Hiking

Well maintained, great spot. You'd be hard pressed to find something this nice within an hour's drive of here. Loop is 1.8 miles, 2.2 miles with side trails. A friendly stray dog followed me for two whole laps. I got the sense that she knows the trail well and probably hangs out here a bunch. Quite the life.

View Alan's Recording
Roger Howell
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFebruary 1, 2020
Hiking

Awesome trail and still beautiful in winter months. Today was a slow walk. This was my first time on a trail and uneven ground since my back injury. I was very protective and selective with my footing today but it felt good.

View Roger's Recording
LYN LOWE
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJanuary 31, 2020
Hiking

Great trail, realized how long it's been si ce I had any real exercise. Took just about an hour and ten minutes. Markings were clear and easy to see, definitely a couple of reall steep inclines, but had alots of fun. Recommend to all!

The Summerlins
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarOctober 14, 2019
HikingRockyWashed out

Amazing trail. It is more difficult for the first half of the trail. Has some pretty steep hills. But does have some great history. It doesn’t take nearly as long as we took to complete it. We stopped for some exploring, geocaching, photography, and sightseeing. Photos do not do this trail any justice! Would recommend.

View The's Recording
Andy Elliott
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 1, 2019
Hiking

Really enjoyed this hike. There were several steep declines / inclines and unrestored Confederate fort. The trail was in good shape, by some of the bridges and stairs were under repair. Some of the planks were spongey from rot so be careful until repairs are complete. Easy to access from I-55 if you need to stretch as you travel.

Jonathan Dew
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 27, 2019
Hiking

It’s a little tough if you haven’t been out hiking for a bit but once you get past the first half the rest is way easier. Exactly the kind of hike we were looking for though. Only downside is If you’re into photography and views this doesn’t have much to offer unless you come across some wildlife.

View Jonathan's Recording
Kelly Gilton
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 3, 2019
Hiking

this trail is good to work with, it says it's a two mile hike but it feels like five miles due to the elevation. And it's a good place just to relax and have fun.

Christie Lowery
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 30, 2019
HikingOver grownRockyWashed out