Gulf Islands National Seashore Trail

Gulf Islands National Seashore Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Ocean Springs, Mississippi that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I completed this hike on Black Friday with my mom and dad to participate in opt outside. We could not have asked for better weather. Unfortunately most of the trail is on the side of the road. There are a few nice overlooks and shady areas through the woods displaying some fall foliage. We saw a few birds, turtles, and just a moderate amount of people along the trail. The information center was nice and clean. I wish there were more trails in the woods but I wouldn’t mind going back for a kayak tour.

This is a great place to take the kids out for an easy hike! Simple yet satisfying!

Nice easy trail. This trail offers several opportunities for wildlife watching and wildflowers. Watch out for the alligators in the marsh areas.

Nice trails and campgrounds!

Enjoyable. Part of trail is along the street (Booo!), but remainder of trail was through wooded areas and pleasant. I liked that the bayou overlook was on a wooden platform so I was elevated and the view was good.

Dog friendly and easy well marked trails, be sure to stop in the visitors center very helpful and informative. Wonderful program for children, can't wait to bring my grandson.

Saturday, November 19, 2016

It is a beautiful place to see, a wonderful first time hike with the kids.

Saturday, October 29, 2016

The area is beautiful, although be warned, much of the hiking "trail" runs along the side of the road through the park. But there is a short loop that winds through some beautiful shady areas along the bank of the bayou. If you want to see an alligator, it's a great place to check out. Off of the fishing pier and over the marsh, you can also see a beautiful sunset.

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Not great for hiking. But amazing camp sites, facilities. Gonna bring the boat back.

Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Fun local trail.

Sunday, December 06, 2015

Great location and fun for the kids to run around. Love the picnic areas and the water views.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Beautifully kept. Friendly staff & great info center.

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Really fun trail! Took my 3 year old with me to wear him out a little and he had a good time. The area was very clean and well laid out. Had no problems with the trail we even had the opportunity to see a few animals.

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Awesome little trail! Didn't get a chance to check out the displays as we arrived right at closing time. Will definitely go back for a longer trek.

Friday, February 01, 2013

Went there with my dad about 4pm today, so did a rushed walk to see everything before it became dark. Was a great experience! Got to see a beautiful sunset and the trails were very accessible (but looked like a hurricane hit it very recently). I was surprised that half of the trails are along side a road, but would go again to enjoy it with less time restrictions.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I live nearby and went there 7.5 miles by mountain bike. Nice area and trails are maintained after Hurricanes, etc. I suggest a morning hike here especially in fall and spring. Summer middays and afternoons can be brutal from gnats and horseflies and that famous South MS humidity. Bring your field glasses for all the birds and occasional very distant Gator.

Saturday, March 03, 2012

Hiked around here a little in 2009 while visiting the area. The trails are different that I am used to since it is on the southern US coast and it was interesting seeing some crabs and other wildlife in this interesting environment. It was a bit humid but that is normal for this area. I hiked a couple of very short trails in the park. There is a nice visitor center as well with interesting exhibits.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

actualy there are several smaller trails to go on. gives you a nice look at nature.the trails are well maintained and easy for even smaller children.