Learn more

Clark Creek Trail to Waterfall Trail [CLOSED]

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(59)
Clark Creek Natural Area

Clark Creek Trail to Waterfall Trail is a 3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Woodville, Mississippi that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips.

Distance: 3.0 miles Elevation Gain: 623 feet Route Type: Out & Back

closed

fee

NOTE: It has been reported this trail has temporary closures due to COVID-19. Please see the park's website for up to date information.

closed

Trail closed until further notice. Had vehicles and trailers blocking parking area with giant "PARK CLOSED" sign. Didn't stick around but I imagine if you do you'll get a trespassing ticket.

fee

Great trail to hike. My husband and I really enjoyed all there was to see. The falls were beautiful, surrounded by lots of trees and hills. Very challenging hike. We hiked the creek bed for a ways which was really peaceful. We will be back soon to explore more. Fee was only $4.00

This is my third time to attempt the Primitive Trail at CC, and it was only possible with the AllTrails app. I checked the “blue dot” every so often, and appreciated the text I received when I got off trail. The start of the primitive trail is hard to find, but with the app, we did it. Once we got in the trail, it was very well marked in most places, and when it wasn’t, we relied on the blue dot to keep us on the trail.

At first this seems to be an excellent place to go and experience nature in south Louisiana with hills, at first. The "improved" trials are wide with a layer of gravel. On nice days there is high traffic and it seems that many of those folks have little respect for nature. My biggest complaint are the people with loud music, alcohol, hemp and some allowing their children to "act like animals". Actually, that comment is an insult to the wild animals in the area. If you hike there take the (real) primitive trail but do not drink the water, it gets peed in.

I’ve been here a few times and always have a great trip. Pro tip: I always run into people who are short in water around the big loop. The creek doesn’t run along that side of the trail. Today was really muddy and washed in spots. Our group decided to do some off trail hiking and ended up climbing up some mud slides. It was a blast. The trail can be tricky when getting back on after the big water fall.

This was our 1st trip to Clark Creek and I’m looking forward to coming back and exploring more of the primitive trail .

After the bridge take the trail down to the water, follow the water to the second waterfall

Easy day hike to several small waterfalls. This recording shows 3.8 miles but my Garmin tracked 5. I like to hike down to the first waterfall and then follow the creek to the others. Alot easier for the kids (less up & down from the trail), prettier scenery from the creek, shaded and keeps you cool. Bring bug spray for the mosquitos and horse flies. *Have $4 cash on hand for the honor box at the trail head. Check out https://youtu.be/2JElj97z1bA for a short video of our trip. Side note: if you want a great place to eat afterwards check out The Magnolia in St. Francisville. YUM!

Fri May 31 2019

The way in is pretty. The way out is so steep if you are not in good shape it will be extremely difficult. In June horseflies are everywhere. Saw 2 waterfalls, one was dried out. Didn’t make it to the other 2. Recommend do this one in the morning or fall or spring. Be sure to bring water, you will be huffing and puffing on the way out. Bathrooms at trail head are decent, with a water fountain.

Fri Apr 12 2019

A real hidden gem and I recommend going with someone who knows the area to get the most out of the beauty that exists here.