Clark Creek Primitive Trail

Clark Creek Primitive Trail is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Woodville, Mississippi that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.8 miles Elevation Gain: 843 feet Route Type: Loop

Bring cash in one dollar bill increments. There is an honor system setup for entrance fees to the trails. $4.00 per vehicle +$1 per person for more than two people. Even though it is an honor system, it is enforced by local Wildlife and Fisheries. The main access trail to the Clark Creek Natural Area is a well maintained gravel path between 6 and 10 feet wide. There are stairs installed as alternate routes down and up the steep inclines with resting areas/benches at intervals. There are also stairs at several waterfalls.

This place is awesome. It’s good for groups to come and enjoy taking their time. And it’s good for fast paced cardio. I spend as much time out here as I can. Use insect repellent before you hike. Lots of it. And don’t skimp on water.

Very beautiful hike! I took the primitive trail and I was able to see all the waterfalls. (one was dried up) The way out was a little challenging because of the incline! I will definitely be back but it will be when the bugs are not so bad. The horse flies will send you home with a little less flesh!

Nice trail to take the kids to see waterfalls and explore the creeks. There are some large rocks and a couple of blowdowns to navigate but my eight years old had no issues. She loved getting her feet wet! There are some minor inclines but I would not consider them to be difficult. A ton of kids were out there and they had no issues. Make sure you have bug spray and plenty of water!

The first trail I've ever done, other than Tickfaw. The trails are a mix of the primitive and the pebbled. I don't know where people went that didn't have shade, but we we're extremely shaded. The incline will get you though. I wore Teva sandles and recommend open shoes because the water.

More difficult than I expected - lots of hills. Trail is well marked. Started early (8:00 am) so bugs were not terrible and I was in shade the entire time. Would do again.

Beautiful water falls and moderate trails. Horse flys and gnats were terrible!

If you are just there to see the waterfalls, at first chance get on the creek and follow it. When the creek forks, go left to that waterfall. When done enjoying that one, return the way you came. Unless you plan on a very strenuous hike just stay on the creek. The waterfalls you see on this particular route were the best to me & really is enough. My recommendation is don’t fall into the “I’ve got to see them all” mentality. Lots of horseflies & gnats! Loved this trip, will be returning!

went in early January- challenging for me, was VERY muddy and difficult at times. lots of slipping and falling (it had rained for months before we went)

Great trail. Very challenging due to the steep rocky slopes. I loved the portion going through the creak. The waterfalls were beautiful and easy to get close to. This time of year was perfect to go. Everything was turning green and the temp was just cool enough. Be watchful for wildlife. I did come across a young copper head snake. Luckily it was eating some small animal and hard it’s mouth occupied. Otherwise it could have been a bad situation. I also saw a family of possums. And check for ticks afterwards.

Super dry right now. Some horseflies but not too bad.

challenging. fun

Beautiful and challenging. Very difficult for family with children! This is because many of the slopes are steep and muddy. If it hasn't rained in a long while, I imagine it might be much less difficult.

Loved it!! I’ve been 3 times in the last month. Different experience each time. There are a total of 11 waterfalls to hike to hear. Lots of fun. Can spend more than one day exploring here. Bouldering up to the falls is so much fun!

This was a great challenging hike! Only problem is the trail is not well marked and cell phone service is sketchy. Thank goodness for AllTrails because I pulled the trail up and put my phone in airplane mode and was able to find my way Back. Only found two of the Waterfalls.

Been here several times and it never disappoints. Highly recommend!

Personally challenging