Clark Creek Primitive Trail

Clark Creek Primitive Trail is a 4.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Woodville, Mississippi that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Bring cash in one dollar bill increments. There is an honor system setup for entrance fees to the trails. $4.00 per vehicle +$1 per person for more than two people. Even though it is an honor system, it is enforced by local Wildlife and Fisheries. The main access trail to the Clark Creek Natural Area is a well maintained gravel path between 6 and 10 feet wide. There are stairs installed as alternate routes down and up the steep inclines with resting areas/benches at intervals. There are also stairs at several waterfalls.

Not Moderate! Definitely Hard! But an awesome trail! Marked fairly well, and truly beautiful sites along the way. Bring a BUNCH of water! I went through an entire 2.5 L Camelbak bladder during the hike. All in all, my favorite hike in the state. This is a must try!

great daytime trail but hard to navigate and posted maps are almost impossible to navigate. been here more than 80 times in the past 30 years but still have not seen all 7 waterfalls, almost need a guide to know where to go. also no cell phone signal anywhere near here so google/other navigation apps are not useful seeing as there is no gps signal to locate your position.

Loved it and can't wait to go back! Next time I'll bring my hiking stick to help go up and down hills and water shoes.

Beautiful trail and several waterfalls. The Primitive trail should be rated hard in my opinion. In some parts we were literally rock climbing very steep ravines. Loved it but be sure to bring plenty of water!

Trail does not follow map on the app but is still an awesome hike. Couple of steep hills that feel great to climb. Bring water shoes to walk through creek and waterfall area if you don't like wet feet.

Absolutely love this place. Took my nephews here for there first real hike. They had the best time walking the creek and getting dirty. Great day!

first time like it me and my family

I hiked this trail a couple days ago with my friend and I gota say the reviews on this trail were very inaccurate. The first part of this trail to the first 2 water falls is easy but wen you decide to keep going and make the entire loop you better be ready. We had to navigate a little bit to find some of the trail but none the less it was very fun and beautiful. If you think you can handle it definitely do the entire loop after the first few waterfalls cuz its worth it. If you do thou be sure to bring a light, map, and compass just in case you lose the trail. Watch for all the reflective markers!!

It was tougher than I imagined, definitely a good workout!!! Lots of up and down! BEWARE OF TICKS! A friend who recently came warned me so we got tick repellent and covered ourself and even reapplied and we still came home with ticks! Also good to have a printed map with you, thankfully we had one but there were a few times we thought the trail was different than where it was.