Clark Creek Improved Trail

Clark Creek Improved Trail is a 4.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Woodville, Mississippi that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

An easy walk in and out, wide trails, well kept, easy access. Beautiful waterfalls! Gravel walking path 6-10 feet wide. Stairs for added on steep inclines. Stairs available at waterfalls for access to the bottom.

Beautiful land with a challenging hike over some steep ridges that lead down to some very nice waterfalls.

We had a great time! It was a little tough in some spots but manageable. We kind of did a zig zag between the Improved and Primitive trails and even went off course to explore a little. The scenery is beautiful!

Great trail. Well maintained and awesome scenery. Some of the steepest grades I've seen in South MS/ LA makes for one heck of a workout. Print out some maps ahead of time and avoid the "prime" times to avoid the teenagers. I will be going back.

My sisters and I completed this hike as our last stop on a MS waterfall tour. The trails were well maintained although I second the suggestion from another hiker to bring a printed map. The stairs and trails were well maintained. Gorgeous scenery as you hike the creek bed. Bathrooms were clean and appreciated.

Recently done with two 30-somehtings, a 9 year old and 6 year old.
Impressive topography as compared to most of South Louisiana and Mississippi.
Be sure to check the forecast well. We got caught in an unexpected downpour. There is no cover from the rain and the clay soil gets very slick very quickly. It also dried out fairly quickly though.
Minimal signage apart from a few small map plaques. Be prepared with a printed or downloaded map, because cell signal is spotty.
The kids were able to handle everything, with some assistance. They really enjoyed trekking down the Creek.
Lots of groups of young people, but no one causing trouble that we saw. (other than the annoyance of many of them carrying speakers)
Be prepared to have to head up to head out
Definitely worth a day trip.

We hike here a few times per year, great hike. Several waterfalls. What you forget is that you were dissenting the whole time, therefore heading back to the parking lot is always a beast.

Glad we did this. It was nice to unplug and get some time in nature.

We went after a lot of rain, the waterfall and creek was beautiful!

I really like the area. The trail itself is nice once you get off of the gravel. At the time I made my hike (using the term loosely) the ground was wet from days of rain so it was slippery. But since the majority of the trail is in the creek it wasn’t a problem. The hike can be vigorous and exciting so bring plenty of drinking water and you better spray with bug repellent. My intention was to hike the primitive trail again but because of the steep elevation changes on slippery soil we opted to stay where it was a little safer.
Again, the area is beautiful but many of the folks that go there, in my opinion, have little respect for nature. I would suggest to parents and young adults, just because you are in nature doesn’t mean you have to act like an animal.
If you want to enjoy the creek without the harassing noise of juveniles I would go during the week, not the weekend.
(It gets three stars because of the juveniles making noise)