Clark Creek Improved Trail

Clark Creek Improved Trail is a 4.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Woodville, Mississippi that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

An easy walk in and out, wide trails, well kept, easy access. Beautiful waterfalls! Gravel walking path 6-10 feet wide. Stairs for added on steep inclines. Stairs available at waterfalls for access to the bottom.

If you go to Clark Creek I would strongly advise you to go during the week while children (of all ages) are in school. If you want a good hike with some challenges I suggest you get a map and hike the primitive trail, it should take you about four to five hours. There are plenty uphill and downhill challenges, some areas you may have to slide or scoot down on your rear. It’s quite a surprise of a hike if you aren’t expecting anything more than moderate, some spots are downright tough.
November 25th 2017 was my third and last trip there. The gravel on the improved trail is not easy to walk on, especially where the grade is steep. I like the primitive trail and the creek trail but it’s sad how domesticated the area has become.
I like how difficult the primitive tail is, its good practice to stay in shape for long hikes but I believe that many don’t understand the difference between hiking the creek trail, the improved trail and the primitive trail. The primitive trail is about 75% in the woods and the creek is, in the creek and the improved trail is nearly all gravel.
My last two trips there were very disappointing as I passed several youths with boom boxes and sports drinks, which were tossed into the woods. Dogs were left to wonder and children were pulling up the vegetation.

Great day out doing woodland photography. Some STEEP areas. Walking the creek is easy. Bring LOTS of WATER and snacks. Very nice trail for woodland and waterfall photography. First waterfall about 15 minute hike

Following the creek is an easy hike. If you follow the trail loop it is a bit more challenging. Some steep parts with narrow parts of the trail. We found six of the seven waterfalls, some were running dry. Bring water, the two of us went through three liters plus a few water bottles.

Creek is the more popular attraction and you’ll see plenty of people and dogs. We didn’t see anyone doing the main trail until we came back up the creek by the three front waterfalls. Definitely worth it, earlier the better for us.

Beautiful land with a challenging hike over some steep ridges that lead down to some very nice waterfalls.

We had a great time! It was a little tough in some spots but manageable. We kind of did a zig zag between the Improved and Primitive trails and even went off course to explore a little. The scenery is beautiful!

Great trail. Well maintained and awesome scenery. Some of the steepest grades I've seen in South MS/ LA makes for one heck of a workout. Print out some maps ahead of time and avoid the "prime" times to avoid the teenagers. I will be going back.

My sisters and I completed this hike as our last stop on a MS waterfall tour. The trails were well maintained although I second the suggestion from another hiker to bring a printed map. The stairs and trails were well maintained. Gorgeous scenery as you hike the creek bed. Bathrooms were clean and appreciated.

Recently done with two 30-somehtings, a 9 year old and 6 year old.
Impressive topography as compared to most of South Louisiana and Mississippi.
Be sure to check the forecast well. We got caught in an unexpected downpour. There is no cover from the rain and the clay soil gets very slick very quickly. It also dried out fairly quickly though.
Minimal signage apart from a few small map plaques. Be prepared with a printed or downloaded map, because cell signal is spotty.
The kids were able to handle everything, with some assistance. They really enjoyed trekking down the Creek.
Lots of groups of young people, but no one causing trouble that we saw. (other than the annoyance of many of them carrying speakers)
Be prepared to have to head up to head out
Definitely worth a day trip.

We hike here a few times per year, great hike. Several waterfalls. What you forget is that you were dissenting the whole time, therefore heading back to the parking lot is always a beast.

Glad we did this. It was nice to unplug and get some time in nature.