Clark Creek Improved Trail

Clark Creek Improved Trail is a 4.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Woodville, Mississippi that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

An easy walk in and out, wide trails, well kept, easy access. Beautiful waterfalls! Gravel walking path 6-10 feet wide. Stairs for added on steep inclines. Stairs available at waterfalls for access to the bottom.

1 hour ago

Glad we did this. It was nice to unplug and get some time in nature.

We went after a lot of rain, the waterfall and creek was beautiful!

I really like the area. The trail itself is nice once you get off of the gravel. At the time I made my hike (using the term loosely) the ground was wet from days of rain so it was slippery. But since the majority of the trail is in the creek it wasn’t a problem. The hike can be vigorous and exciting so bring plenty of drinking water and you better spray with bug repellent. My intention was to hike the primitive trail again but because of the steep elevation changes on slippery soil we opted to stay where it was a little safer.
Again, the area is beautiful but many of the folks that go there, in my opinion, have little respect for nature. I would suggest to parents and young adults, just because you are in nature doesn’t mean you have to act like an animal.
If you want to enjoy the creek without the harassing noise of juveniles I would go during the week, not the weekend.
(It gets three stars because of the juveniles making noise)

stunning

If you are not in some kind of shape..it's hard walk back to your car. But we had blast anyway.

awesome workout!

I made a trip to the Improved Trail on Feb 12, 2017, (I've hiked the primitive trial several times) my whole purpose was to photograph the scenery in the creeks but I was disappointed by the foot traffic through the creeks. I know that it's a nice natural area and great for walking but so many people are just so neglectful and disrespectful of nature. I was discouraged by the trash on the ground, people allowing their pets (dogs) to roam around unleashed and allowing their children to pull up vegetation, with the occasional teen groups loudly dropping eff bombs. It sort of reminded me of a mall where parents just drop off their kids expecting the social gathering to be all of the supervision needed.
I will return but I won't do the tourist trail (Improved Trail) again.

The Clark Creek Natural Area improved trail is not nearly as tough as the primitive loop, but definitely not a walk in the park with the steep elevation change near the trail head! But, it wasn't too much for my wife and 7-year-old daughter. We hiked the improved trail to the stairs at the end (bearing right at each fork), then ate lunch by the waterfall. Instead of climbing back up the stairs and going back along the ridgeline, we just followed the creek south and turned left (east) where it meets another creek (chain across creek with Do Not Enter sign is on the right), then followed that creek all the way back to the first fall.

Our hike was approx. 3 miles round trip on my GPS.

There's a good PDF map you can print out here: http://packpaddle.com/where-to-go/hiking-backpacking/clark-creek-natural-area/

Decent trail.