Clark Creek Improved Trail

Clark Creek Improved Trail is a 4.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Woodville, Mississippi that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

An easy walk in and out, wide trails, well kept, easy access. Beautiful waterfalls! Gravel walking path 6-10 feet wide. Stairs for added on steep inclines. Stairs available at waterfalls for access to the bottom.

stunning

If you are not in some kind of shape..it's hard walk back to your car. But we had blast anyway.

awesome workout!

I made a trip to the Improved Trail on Feb 12, 2017, (I've hiked the primitive trial several times) my whole purpose was to photograph the scenery in the creeks but I was disappointed by the foot traffic through the creeks. I know that it's a nice natural area and great for walking but so many people are just so neglectful and disrespectful of nature. I was discouraged by the trash on the ground, people allowing their pets (dogs) to roam around unleashed and allowing their children to pull up vegetation, with the occasional teen groups loudly dropping eff bombs. It sort of reminded me of a mall where parents just drop off their kids expecting the social gathering to be all of the supervision needed.
I will return but I won't do the tourist trail (Improved Trail) again.

The Clark Creek Natural Area improved trail is not nearly as tough as the primitive loop, but definitely not a walk in the park with the steep elevation change near the trail head! But, it wasn't too much for my wife and 7-year-old daughter. We hiked the improved trail to the stairs at the end (bearing right at each fork), then ate lunch by the waterfall. Instead of climbing back up the stairs and going back along the ridgeline, we just followed the creek south and turned left (east) where it meets another creek (chain across creek with Do Not Enter sign is on the right), then followed that creek all the way back to the first fall.

Our hike was approx. 3 miles round trip on my GPS.

There's a good PDF map you can print out here: http://packpaddle.com/where-to-go/hiking-backpacking/clark-creek-natural-area/

Decent trail.

Had a great time

Good scenery

The Clark Creek Improved Trails are ok. It's a nice walk if you want to take your young kids out into a wooded setting. Some areas will require you to really watch out for very young children since there are no rails or fences to keep them from dangerous area such as steep drops. The "improved" trails are graveled, I don't like it when walking up a steep grade but I guess overall it's ok.
I would suggest that with some of the revenue the state receives from the fee they could better label the trail system altogether. For the most part you are following the crowd without knowledge of where you are walking to.
Restrooms are well kept and it's a highly traveled area so the safety factor is up there for folks not use to being outdoors.

Great Hike! This is one of the top trails in Mississippi. The trail is heavily used and can be challenging on some of the more primitive areas due to the erosive nature of the soils and tree root exposure from heavy foot traffic. The natural area is home to some very large hardwood tree species and three state record trees can be found here if you want to wander off the trail a bit.

SO MUCH fun!!! I can't wait to go back and do the primitive trail. For someone who is pretty new to hiking, it was a little rough at some points....but not enough to keep from doing it again!

Really great environment and friendly people! We will be back with our kids!

Easy walk with a few steep uphills

The improved trail is short and easy! I think if you go off the path to every waterfall it is closer to 4 miles but if you are just interested in a few, it really isn't that long. It is a wonderful hike really. We went on Labor Day and there were many people there but it didn't bother us a bit. If you are just going for a short hike to see some waterfalls, that's great! It's beautiful! The vegetation is dense and it's wonderful seeing the many native species of plants. We also saw many toads and skinks which was fun. If you are wanting to really push yourself and almost get lost in the woods, the full primitive loop is tough. From what we can tell, most people don't do it and that is completely understandable. But the improved is nice.