Bonita Lakes Trail

Bonita Lakes Trail is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Meridian, Mississippi that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Me and my family went hiking and we went in the wooded trail. Found the trail that led to the lookout point which is a 1.5 mile hike from the main trail. Lots of ups and downs on hills. Very beautiful and nice. There are easier trails but the one we went on was medium and good even for all levels. Really enjoyed this hike and will probably go back since it is close to home and interesting. Lots of ducks, birds, squirrels were seen around the lakes and in the woods. Picnic tables located throughout the area.

This trail is beautiful and well maintained. My husband and I completed it in about 2 hours with our 8 month old border collie. The trail is dog friendly, but the track is not...the difference in the two was a little confusing at first if you are not familiar with this area. Our only complaint was the lack of markers directing hikers to the next section of trail after a short walk on a paved road. Now that we know the route, we will definitely be back!

Great place to take your dogs and I have a great experience. So relaxing!

Pretty cool spots to find once you get off the main trail

Beautiful fall hike. Trail is well maintained with lots of up and down hills. We saw some deer. We don't have very many up and down hill hikes in south Mississippi. This was a great afternoon hike.

My sister and I visited the lake on a day trip and ate a late lunch there. I wish I had more time to explore on the trails. It's a very peaceful place. I hope to visit again in November.

Great place to hike. Very well maintained. Clear trail markers. Lots of hills. Bugs were not too bad but bring bug spray.
We walked the horse trails about half the time which were more challenging and allowed for a different view of the area.

I absolutely loved this Trail. I did find the trail to be slightly tiring in places but the beauty of the trail is magnificent. I will be hiking this trail many more times.

Tuesday, August 01, 2017

hilly . maintained trails.

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Beautiful and very well maintained

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Lots of wooded trails around the lake. Well maintained.

Friday, July 07, 2017

Awesome trails, but spray yourself good with tick repellant!!!! We had ticks like you wouldn't believe after a 4 mile hike on the mountain bike trails

Monday, May 29, 2017

Great run you won't find a better run ,hills and recovery well spaced

Tuesday, November 01, 2016

Take exit 154a when traveling east . Take 154 if going west . Then go south of interstate . 1 minute off i20/59 ..
Lower lake has asphalt track around it 8 ft wide , 1.19 miles great stop as you go through meridian .

Upper trail is great
Hills and recovery spaced well . Lots of combinations on trails here , but the upper trail is about 5 miles and is great.
Wide trail around beautiful upper lake 3 1/5 miles plus in woods on crushed gravel . You can run in or after a rain . Lots of deer early and late . Upper lake run begins at boat ramp for about 5 miles .
Reward yourself with this trail . The best I've run.
1800 incline spaced well for recovery . Trails are safe . Never an incident here. Beautiful all year especially fall
3 small work out areas along the trail.
Children play area in park.
Picnic areas for families .
Close to all amenities

Restrooms nice too.

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Good trails if take horse trails. BUT BEWARE IN SUMMER TICKS ARE EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Single track trails are dry and fast as of 5/30/15. Blue marked mtn bike trails 12+ miles of up and down with a little of everything including roots, rocks, Sandy spots, and hard pack. Red trail is the crushed gravel around the back lake. This is a great 4.6 mile workout if your skills are not ready for the single track. Trails marked green are horse trails.

Wednesday, April 06, 2016

It's awesome!

Monday, June 01, 2015

Bonita is a great Trail! The main Loop is a wide crushed gravel trail that is always well maintained.
The main Trail Loop Is 4.6 Miles through a wooded area that has lots and lots of wildlife!
There is a smaller asphalt running path around the lower lake that is 1.2 miles around.
There are several miles (18+) of different single track Biking Trails! These trails are a little rough in places,but overall a great ride!

Sunday, February 08, 2015

A great trail in MS. Reminds me of being in the mountains. Lots of hills and forest. The main trail is paved with crushed stone and we were able to push a baby stroller on it. Several benches, pic-nic tables, and the lake, make it a nice place.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

One of the better trails in MS. Pretty lake and good scenery. Watch out for sand traps and horseback riders.

Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Great MTB trails, but can be sandy in dry spells. A nearby lak is great to ride your bike off into after a hot summer ride.

Sunday, June 11, 2017