Bethel Mountain Bike Trail

Bethel Mountain Bike Trail is a 9.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Saucier, Mississippi that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This trail system consists of multiple interlocking trails (Bethel, Couch, Briar Patch, Badlands, and Rattlesnake) that vary from clay to sand and from evergreen forests to pine savannas. Note: Hunters may be present during hunting season.

Rode with my 7 year old boy, he had his 20 inch BMX and I had my 26 inch Giant MTB. We both had a great time together, it was our first Trail, we really enjoyed it looking forward to coming back soon. the trail is well kept, clean and easy to ride. Great Trail for a beginner.

First time visiting this trail and it was right up my alley. The description is accurate. Trail is easy to follow and there are signs/markers every few miles or so to help guide you along the way. There is an outhouse/restroom facility (no running water) and a fire pit. The trail had a few wet spots but nothing you can't hop over.

Very nice and good scenery. It is more like 10 to 11 miles around the entire trail.

Great trails, well maintained!

Super fun ride today with my son and his pals. A little tough for one of the boys, but two of them pushed me around 11 miles of varied single track. I can't wait to one day do this course at a race pace.

Several trails here. Came today with my Mastiff. Next time I'll either run it or bike. Well kept trails with lots of turns and terrain changes.

Monday, May 02, 2016

Awesome trails. I host an annual Ultra 50k and 50 mile on these trails. Next race will be April 22, 2017. We are always on the same weekend. Check out Ultra Sign Up for updated registration or come see us at Northshore Running Club on Facebook.

Sunday, February 21, 2016

I have only been through half of this place so far on my new Surly fat bike and that's mostly on the northern trails. This place is pretty cool. I'm an athletic person who has let their cardio go down the pooper and my 4 and 6 mile rides haven't been to difficult. I e had to stop a few times after some climbs, but there certainly wasn't anything too difficult to manage by any means.
I came back with my brother who is in great shape, and he rode his bmx bike right behind me the whole way, so it's definitely possible to ride a small tired, rigid frame bike here.
It's worth noting that the northern trails are more open and sandy than the western side trail which has more trees, roots, and tighter turns. I found that more interesting personally, but to each his own. I'll be here a lot more often coming from Ocean Springs.

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Guns everywhere. Great trails, but I'm not going riding in the same space 40 men are in the field with rifles and dogs. Next time I'll make sure it's not hunting season.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Sunday, June 21, 2015

I did Briar Patch and Couch trails today. The weather was pretty good with overcast cloud but a bit humid. There were only a couple other riders to watch for coming in the opposite direction. It's best to have a flashing bike light when riders are coming in the opposite direction because the paths are only 2-3 ft wide with trees close together. It's kind of fun and competitive to dodge around the tree trunks and bushes. Be careful not to get caught from low broken tree trunks in the middle of the trails. They will know your feet off your pedals if you don't pay attention.

Saturday, November 01, 2014

we did the south bethel trail today and it was great. my 8,11, and 12 year old did awesome, but it was a little rough for my 6 year old. we cant wait to go back and ride again.

Saturday, February 08, 2014