Bear Creek Outcropping Trail

Bear Creek Outcropping Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Dennis, Mississippi that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from September until June. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Scenic views in Appalachian foothills, abundant in natural beauty. A unique landscape of massive rock formations, fern-filled crevices found nowhere else in Mississippi.

I would rate this trail as moderately easy. Lovely scenery and the trail by the river is gorgeous with spots to relax and take a break from hiking . Very fun place to go and explore . Love taking my pup. She has the best time.

Very beautiful trail with some nice rock formations and next to the water.

Great trail want to do it again in fall

Beautiful trail. Well worth the effort. Some markings can be confusing and the trail is mixed in difficulty. The half by the river is easy, while the parts by the outcroppings are much more rigorous with elevation changes and tree roots. Overall lovely hike though.

The park is lovely and well maintained. I enjoyed the shade of the trail on a very hot day. My dog joined me and I was very glad to see how agile he actually is b/c the trail had some rocky areas that some smaller dogs might struggle with. I chose to go right after crossing over the bridge which was a mistake as somehow I got turned around and ended up missing a portion of the trail. Something to do with a “trail run’’? access. Have learned my lesson to always follow the straight path!! Path was diverse with challenges along the way to keep me energized- would love to go back and tackle it again.

nice trail!

Great trail. Wonderful scenery.

Monday, May 29, 2017

easy-to-follow well-marked Trail. A few spots were tough on my knees, but overall not too bad. Waterfall was not very big today.

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Saturday, May 06, 2017

We really enjoyed the hike. Path was clearly marked.

Friday, April 14, 2017

Enjoyed the hike. The hike wasn't very difficult. The waterfall and swinging bridge were great. Also, the trail was well marked!

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Amazing waterfalls well marked trails awesome rock formations. Much more than I expected. Really an awesome place. Be sure to do the bridge.

Sunday, February 05, 2017

One of the best hikes in Mississippi. You won't be disappointed!

Monday, December 26, 2016

Great day hike with family

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Very nice and pretty place. We have missed waterfall and some part. But we will be back soon to have more of it.

Sunday, November 06, 2016

great trail

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Easy hike. Gorgeous rock formations. Fresh springs and a waterfall to cool yourself off in this Mississippi heat. You can't ask for any better.

Thursday, May 05, 2016

Moderate

Monday, March 21, 2016

Beautiful trail. Swinging Bridge, contains a waterfall marked on map, but also a water fountain coming out of stones that are piled on top of each other. This is along the trail closest to the river. You can refill water bottles, etc here/get a drink.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Since I have not done a lot of hiking out here, I was not expecting a trail like this in Mississippi. Very nicely kept trail with beautiful rock formations that you can even climb on. There are also great water views of the river at times. the trail loops around so you don't have to go the same way back.

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Great hike with beautiful scenery, plus plenty of areas to explore.

Monday, May 25, 2015

This is the second time I've hike here. my God son wanted to climb a few rocks. I felt safe with these rocks they weren't anything a 19 year old in good shape can handle.
We crossed the bridge (at the end of. the park about 3 miles down) and went straight ahead and made the loop. it was about 3 miles and nothing to hard to handle. very nice scenery and nice walk. really enjoyed myself.

Monday, February 09, 2015

The best hike in Mississippi. Beautiful sites . Rocks my FAV. Moderate hike. it is a must do.

Thursday, April 17, 2014

This is one of the best hikes in the Mid South! The Rock outcroppings and terrain resembles trails found only in the Mountains.

Monday, November 04, 2013

Definitely not your typical Mississippi scenery. My wife was with me for this one and she enjoyed it also. We stayed the night in one of the rustic cabins and really enjoyed our stay.

Friday, October 11, 2013

This is a great trail... But I had a little injury here.. Been canoeing and the decided to hike the trail, I was getting a little tired and was climbing up on some rocks, just so happened I rolled my foot on a large rock! Ouch, felt it when it happened.. Stress fracture!I went 5 weeks before I went to the doctor. I am in a walking boot, but I am back here at Tishomingo again..guess I will get as far as the creek, but it will be worth the hobble along!!

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Fun trail with lots of nice rock out toppings. The bridge to start is really cool. It's in Tishomingo State Park so there is a $3.00 daily use fee. Three disc golf courses as well. Watch out for ticks, they were everywhere.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

This is a great little hidden gem at the end of the State Park road. Suspension bridge leads to fun outcropping trails just off the Mississippi delta. You feel more like you're in the foothills of the smokies than in Miss.

No backcountry camping in the park, but RV and primitive campsites are available for a fee.