Bear Creek Outcropping Trail

Bear Creek Outcropping Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Dennis, Mississippi that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.6 miles Elevation Gain: 259 feet Route Type: Loop

rock climbing

Scenic views in Appalachian foothills, abundant in natural beauty. A unique landscape of massive rock formations, fern-filled crevices found nowhere else in Mississippi.

Not a long trail there is some two way trails and you do not know where to go but would totally do it again

Loved it! I haven’t been hiking or exploring in a long time I’m excited to start again and this trail did NOT disappoint!! Sooooi beautiful

Perfect trail to explore Northern Mississippi. We enjoyed the rock formations and walking along the waters edge. The path is well marked and there are several options to go off trail a bit. Started and ended at the swinging bridge.

This is a fairly easy hike but lots of places for bouldering and veering off the path for a little more of a challenge. The trail is well marked and seemed to be well maintained. There are some nice views, lots of bluffs and a river that you follow at the end. We will do this again and bring our kids.

Great little hike, but not much to see other than the bridge at the very beginning. There was a few streams that were pretty along the way but other than that it was like walking through the woods. Probably wouldn’t go again.

Excellent day hike trail. My opinion, the hidden jewel of North Mississippi and my absolute favorite. Recently I took my teenage daughters and their friends and we all had a wonderful time hiking, climbing, and navigating our way through the massive rock structures and cliffs.

Great trail, nice rock formations, small seasonal waterfall. Just a lot of variety. I would hike clockwise.

I had the trail to myself today. It is a wide trail and my two dogs and myself have plenty of room.

Fun trail, but felt more like 2 miles. The first half had cool cliff/rock views and small waterfalls. The second half followed the river - due to the recent rain there were several fun jumps over the creeks adjoining the river

Enjoyable hike, but someone spray painted graffiti on the rocks around the waterfall. Total assholes. Wear hiking footwear. I wouldn’t do this trail after a rainfall, but good trail for conditioning purposes.

I hiked the trail today . Lots of boulders,rock formations and outcroppings. The last third of the trail goes along the creek. Really good surprise for the area .

Love this trail. Difficult in some areas due to trees down. Great swinging bridge. The first part of the trail is steep but it levels out.

I would rate this trail as moderately easy. Lovely scenery and the trail by the river is gorgeous with spots to relax and take a break from hiking . Very fun place to go and explore . Love taking my pup. She has the best time.

Friday, July 13, 2018

Very beautiful trail with some nice rock formations and next to the water.

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Great trail want to do it again in fall

Sunday, July 08, 2018

Beautiful trail. Well worth the effort. Some markings can be confusing and the trail is mixed in difficulty. The half by the river is easy, while the parts by the outcroppings are much more rigorous with elevation changes and tree roots. Overall lovely hike though.

Monday, June 18, 2018

The park is lovely and well maintained. I enjoyed the shade of the trail on a very hot day. My dog joined me and I was very glad to see how agile he actually is b/c the trail had some rocky areas that some smaller dogs might struggle with. I chose to go right after crossing over the bridge which was a mistake as somehow I got turned around and ended up missing a portion of the trail. Something to do with a “trail run’’? access. Have learned my lesson to always follow the straight path!! Path was diverse with challenges along the way to keep me energized- would love to go back and tackle it again.

Monday, April 16, 2018

nice trail!

Monday, November 27, 2017

Great trail. Wonderful scenery.

Monday, May 29, 2017

easy-to-follow well-marked Trail. A few spots were tough on my knees, but overall not too bad. Waterfall was not very big today.

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Saturday, May 06, 2017

We really enjoyed the hike. Path was clearly marked.

Friday, April 14, 2017

Enjoyed the hike. The hike wasn't very difficult. The waterfall and swinging bridge were great. Also, the trail was well marked!

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Amazing waterfalls well marked trails awesome rock formations. Much more than I expected. Really an awesome place. Be sure to do the bridge.

Sunday, February 05, 2017

One of the best hikes in Mississippi. You won't be disappointed!

Monday, December 26, 2016

Great day hike with family

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Very nice and pretty place. We have missed waterfall and some part. But we will be back soon to have more of it.

Sunday, November 06, 2016

great trail

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Easy hike. Gorgeous rock formations. Fresh springs and a waterfall to cool yourself off in this Mississippi heat. You can't ask for any better.

Thursday, May 05, 2016