Bear Creek Outcropping Trail

Bear Creek Outcropping Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Dennis, Mississippi that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from September until June. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Scenic views in Appalachian foothills, abundant in natural beauty. A unique landscape of massive rock formations, fern-filled crevices found nowhere else in Mississippi.

Great trail. Wonderful scenery.

easy-to-follow well-marked Trail. A few spots were tough on my knees, but overall not too bad. Waterfall was not very big today.

We really enjoyed the hike. Path was clearly marked.

Enjoyed the hike. The hike wasn't very difficult. The waterfall and swinging bridge were great. Also, the trail was well marked!

Amazing waterfalls well marked trails awesome rock formations. Much more than I expected. Really an awesome place. Be sure to do the bridge.

One of the best hikes in Mississippi. You won't be disappointed!

Great day hike with family

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Very nice and pretty place. We have missed waterfall and some part. But we will be back soon to have more of it.

Sunday, November 06, 2016

great trail

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Easy hike. Gorgeous rock formations. Fresh springs and a waterfall to cool yourself off in this Mississippi heat. You can't ask for any better.

Thursday, May 05, 2016

Moderate

Monday, March 21, 2016

Beautiful trail. Swinging Bridge, contains a waterfall marked on map, but also a water fountain coming out of stones that are piled on top of each other. This is along the trail closest to the river. You can refill water bottles, etc here/get a drink.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Since I have not done a lot of hiking out here, I was not expecting a trail like this in Mississippi. Very nicely kept trail with beautiful rock formations that you can even climb on. There are also great water views of the river at times. the trail loops around so you don't have to go the same way back.

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Great hike with beautiful scenery, plus plenty of areas to explore.

Monday, May 25, 2015

This is the second time I've hike here. my God son wanted to climb a few rocks. I felt safe with these rocks they weren't anything a 19 year old in good shape can handle.
We crossed the bridge (at the end of. the park about 3 miles down) and went straight ahead and made the loop. it was about 3 miles and nothing to hard to handle. very nice scenery and nice walk. really enjoyed myself.

Monday, February 09, 2015

The best hike in Mississippi. Beautiful sites . Rocks my FAV. Moderate hike. it is a must do.

Thursday, April 17, 2014

This is one of the best hikes in the Mid South! The Rock outcroppings and terrain resembles trails found only in the Mountains.

Monday, November 04, 2013

Definitely not your typical Mississippi scenery. My wife was with me for this one and she enjoyed it also. We stayed the night in one of the rustic cabins and really enjoyed our stay.

Friday, October 11, 2013

This is a great trail... But I had a little injury here.. Been canoeing and the decided to hike the trail, I was getting a little tired and was climbing up on some rocks, just so happened I rolled my foot on a large rock! Ouch, felt it when it happened.. Stress fracture!I went 5 weeks before I went to the doctor. I am in a walking boot, but I am back here at Tishomingo again..guess I will get as far as the creek, but it will be worth the hobble along!!