Terrace Oaks Trail

MODERATE 37 reviews
#1 of 1 trails in

Terrace Oaks Trail is a 3.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Burnsville, Minnesota that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

DISTANCE
3.2 miles
ELEVATION GAIN
239 feet
ROUTE TYPE
Loop

dogs on leash

kid friendly

birding

cross country skiing

hiking

mountain biking

nature trips

walking

forest

views

wildlife

Terrace Oaks West is a 230-acre, community park located on the east side of County Road 11, 1/4 mile south of Burnsville Parkway.

hiking
2 days ago

The trails are in decent shape but could use some more upkeep. It is a great place to take a hike in the woods without having to go too far out of Burnsville (if you live locally). But, the trail maps are not helpful and it can be easy to get turned around if you aren't careful.

hiking
6 months ago

Great trail!!

hiking
8 months ago

This is a wide trail throughout with many short hills. Maps and benches are sprinkled along the way. Lovely fall hike. There’s one stretch where 35E is super loud... wish there was a sound barrier there. But I was still able to see lots of critters and even three deer across a pond! The hike took me an hour and I had to rinse a little mud off my shoes after but I’ll be back.

9 months ago

Nice trail close to town. Mostly wooded trail with a few ponds. One section has heavy traffic noise.

trail running
9 months ago

If you want to follow this trail as shown, follow the posts with the blue marking that say "more difficult." (I'll post a picture.)

This was pretty fun. Some very steep spots that were real leg burners. A couple spots were pretty close to a highway, but it is in the metro area so that doesn't bother me too much. The last mile or so were very mosquito-y, but probably because it had just finished raining.

In the winter, most of the trails here are open to skiers only. There's an out-and-back that appears to be open to non-skiers.

10 months ago

The trails are nice but the map signage is beyond poor quality or non existance! Tried this park a few times and was lost to clueless as to where to go or where I was.

hiking
10 months ago

This trail has some pretty bogs and wooded areas. 70% of it is quite and serene, the other 30% has a good amount of road noise from the interstate. Be prepared for BUGS and bring spray. The trail is mostly sandy dirt so it's not too bad even after a heavy rain. Overall it's very enjoyable!

Monday, April 10, 2017

Great trail!!

Monday, September 26, 2016

One long path that looped. And several paths crossing in the middle. The long main path was an easy flat grass surface and the mini paths were more challenging with rocks and more ups and downs. I loved it! I felt very secluded from the busy cars and daily life. Bug bites! Brig spray no matter what season.

hiking
Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A nice park in Burnsville. There's a portapotty on site and the short loop (.75 miles) is open for hiking year round. The long loop is 3.2 miles and has a few slopes. Can be slippery when wet as a lot of the surfaces are bare dirt. I've been hiking this trail now since 2006 in Spring, Summer, and Fall.

hiking
1 hour ago

hiking
9 hours ago

hiking
1 day ago

hiking
16 days ago

hiking
1 month ago

hiking
1 month ago

hiking
6 months ago

hiking
8 months ago

hiking
9 months ago

hiking
9 months ago

hiking
9 months ago

hiking
10 months ago

hiking
10 months ago

hiking
11 months ago

hiking
11 months ago

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

recorded Terrace Oaks Trail

Thursday, May 25, 2017

hiking
Friday, May 12, 2017

hiking
Friday, May 05, 2017

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Load More