Superior Hiking Trail: Bean and Bear Lakes

Superior Hiking Trail: Bean and Bear Lakes is a 6.5 mile out and back trail located near Silver Bay, Minnesota and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and camping and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The terrain is really muddy right now, but the views are phenomenal! May be the best view I've ever seen hiking in MN.

Muddy. A good out and back day hike

I still want to give it a 4 only because I know it has to be a beautiful trail! I was bummed out that I had to turn around pretty early because of the mud. Never got to the lakes or even the first camp. Heads up it's muddy!

nice views from parking to lakes; I would call it "difficult" for most other than experienced rugged terrain hikers.

fun trail there is a cool waterfall at the first campsite a a steep hill down to Bear Lake but a nice view not very good group camping spots at Bear Lake

Highly recommend this portion of the trail, challenging in some areas, and it has some great views

very beautiful hike!! if you want the trails and views to yourself I recommend getting out there pretty early during the weekends! great backpack camping spots too! happy hiking! :)

One of my favorite spots on the SHT!

First real hiking trip. Best time of my life. Went in late fall a few years ago. It was cold camping over night but the views were incredible and you worked up a sweat to see them. A must see.

Friday, October 21, 2016

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

One of my favorite runs; stunning views with bluffs protecting the lakes. Rolling trees as far as the eye can see.