Superior Hiking Trail: Bean and Bear Lakes

Superior Hiking Trail: Bean and Bear Lakes is a 6.5 mile out and back trail located near Silver Bay, Minnesota and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and camping and is best used from April until October.

nice views from parking to lakes; I would call it "difficult" for most other than experienced rugged terrain hikers.

fun trail there is a cool waterfall at the first campsite a a steep hill down to Bear Lake but a nice view not very good group camping spots at Bear Lake

Highly recommend this portion of the trail, challenging in some areas, and it has some great views

very beautiful hike!! if you want the trails and views to yourself I recommend getting out there pretty early during the weekends! great backpack camping spots too! happy hiking! :)

One of my favorite spots on the SHT!

First real hiking trip. Best time of my life. Went in late fall a few years ago. It was cold camping over night but the views were incredible and you worked up a sweat to see them. A must see.

One of my favorite runs; stunning views with bluffs protecting the lakes. Rolling trees as far as the eye can see.

Monday, August 01, 2016

Sunday, June 19, 2016

This trail was seriously beautiful, but my wife and I turned back after about four miles of muck in mid June. We came a couple of days post rain, and were sad to see that there were long, long spells of mud patches without stepping logs or stones. We made it through a bunch, and finally elected to turn back with our mud soaked shoes. Hope to come back and fulfill the full loop sometime soon!

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Great hike on a beautiful day. Stunning overlooks of bean and bear lakes.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

This is a great trail, I have hiked Yosemite, the Grand Canyon, Zion , etc. this is on that grand level, especially if you can hike it during fall colors, which is early October.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Thursday, September 05, 2013

Thursday, December 06, 2012

Beautiful hike! Moderate to difficult with lots of ups and downs. Incredible lunch spot up at the top!

Friday, November 02, 2012