Lucky Lake

Lucky Lake is a 1.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Deer River, Minnesota. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking.

Great trail 19 mile trail system around several beautiful lakes in the middle of the forest. Great for hiking, camping, canoeing, and more. Very few people on the trails. Several great first-come first-served campsites.

Went winter hiking off of Hill Lake. There was only one hiking trail and it ended at Lucky Lake 0.7 mi away. The trail was well groomed and maintained. There are also several, well-maintained cross country ski trails available I did not use. I would rate the difficulty at easy to moderate during the winter. It was very quiet and enjoyable.

Monday, January 26, 2015

Great trails for my first time overnight camping several years ago. The trails were well groomed, I hiked for 3 days and saw one other person on the trail and two people fishing on one of the lakes. This really is a hidden gem! The lakes were stunning and it was relaxing to sit by them. The campsites were better than I was expecting! I did not do the far loop so I maybe only hiked 15 miles of the trails.

Monday, October 13, 2014