Silver Bay to Tettegouche State Park via Superior Hiking Trail

Silver Bay to Tettegouche State Park via Superior Hiking Trail is a 13 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Silver Bay, Minnesota that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking.

Point to Point

9/15/18-9/16/18
Definitely enjoyed this hike! We hiked about 23 total miles from country road 6 to PENN Blvd. used Bob from superior shuttle for transportation. We did an overnight in between at east palisade creek. From county road 6 to the camp site, it’s about 16 miles. Much farther than I had calculated and too far in my opinion for one day!
I’d say some of the best views of the entire Superior trail. Lake Superior was visible in a number of places and at other peaks, we had amazing views of the trees (which were just starting to turn colors). The fog was super thick on the days we went, so we probably even missed a number of stunning views.
The camp sites were very basic. No picnic table, but did have a latrine, fire pit and some wooden plank seating. No bear hanging area like other sections of the trail have, so had to make our own.
The lack of water resources actually surprised me considering how wet it’s been this summer. Fill up when you see a creek!
I’d do this section again, but maybe over three days instead of two.