Sakatah Singing Hills State Trail is a 54.3 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Waterville, Minnesota that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

paved

rails trails

The Sakatah Singing Hills is a 39 mile paved trail located in Southern Minnesota. It uses a former railroad bed that was purchased for public use. Initial work on the trail began in 1974 and it started as a gravel trail, emerging as a fully paved trail in 1995. Since that time, the trail has become a popular recreational getaway for mostly local people. There are many activities that are allowed on the trail, including bicycling, snowmobiling, cross country skiing, walking, rollerblading, walking pets, birdwatching and nature observation. The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources maintains the trail.

Love to ride it, great scenery and easy going.

Nice flat, paved trail and shaded most of the way. I rode from Faribault to Waterville on this trail and it’s was a fun ride! Somewhat scenic with the lakes near the trail too. My goal is to ride this trail from Faribault to Mankato one way, 40 miles approximately

Great unpaved trails that were relatively easy to navigate. Small amount of wildlife visible— most of it heard. Serene & easy to get back to paved trails for ease of navigation.

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Long paved trail worth the total ride.

Thursday, June 18, 2015

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Saturday, December 27, 2014

I did not care for this park as much as other Minnesota State Parks. I was hoping for more elevation changes than I found.
That said, for trail running, it s a great park since it is fairly flat, but not completely without small rises here and there. I was here on a cool, drizzly September day. I did enjoy the quiet hiking through the trees and there was a bit of wind to move the leaves. I find that soothing and part of my nature experience I seek when hiking.
Nice lake to sit near, biking trails through the park (should have brought my road bike) so multiple options in addition to hiking.

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Good bike and running trails!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

This paved trail offers a look at the scenery of the heartland of southern Minnesota. My favorite portion of the path travels through the wooded areas of Sakatah State Park that span the 7 mile distance between Waterville, MN and Morristown, MN.

Monday, July 17, 2017