Saint Croix River Trail

Saint Croix River Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Taylors Falls, Minnesota that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Beautiful

It was a great hike, but I'm not sure I would define this as an "easy" hike. Maybe for those who hike on a daily basis. The terrain was relatively easy, but there was a LOT of up and down - so be prepared for that! I loved the trail though - went at dawn and aside from the mosquitoes (be sure to bring plenty of bug spray), it was incredibly beautiful and peaceful. My dog and I (on leash) had the trails to ourselves, and it was a beautiful morning - got lots of great pics!

Sunday, May 08, 2016

gorgeous cliffs, trees, sandstone bluffs, waterfall, tree arch-lined walkways, amazingness.

Saturday, November 21, 2015

the sandstone bluff trail has great views of the st Croix river. it also has a seasonal waterfall and some old railroad bridge piers.

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Very scenic! Tyson, Kraig, and I kicked ass! Lexi, Zack, and jess couldn't keep up!

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Really fun and beautiful. My friends and I had a great time.

Friday, June 05, 2015

geocaching
Saturday, May 30, 2015

This was a great place with me and my girl friends. We were able to do the easy hikes as well as the more challenging ones to the bluffs. In total we did about 7 miles just exploring the trails. It took about an hour to drive from the cities and we spent 4 hours there. I suggest getting there around 10-11 on the weekends since it gets pretty busy around noon.

Thursday, April 02, 2015

Thursday, April 02, 2015

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Monday, September 22, 2014

Lush and just plain beautiful! First time hiking in this park and I'll definitely go back as there is so much to see that it's impossible to take in all the beauty in one hike day.

Sunday, August 03, 2014

One of my favorite quick trip day hike locations, not far from the Twin Cities on the St Croix. Lots of up and down hiking (or good trail running), some massive staircases, great views of the river, lots of photo spots, and of course all the amazing pothole formations in the north end of the park. If the short loop distance is discouraging, do the loop twice - one of the few places you can do that and not get bored the second time around!

Sunday, July 20, 2014

The climbing is fun, but the trails are also long and amazing! Great view of the St. Croix River and awesome pot holes to climb around in!

Sunday, August 12, 2012

I love most of this trail. I always start out at the ranger station close to the campsites so that I can hit the river bluffs first, then the potholes, then the street, then the loop. It makes the whole journey a loop that is diverse in scenery and trail surface. The only thing I don't like so much about the trail is the parts where you are literally on the highway. There is one section that involves crossing a really busy intersection and I've almost been beaned a couple times. The part I love the most though is the one mile loop at the end. It is so green woodsy and steep. It's gorgeous.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Friday, March 11, 2011

This is a great park to hike around in. Beautiful scenery, nice trails, great staircases and rock ledges.